SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer Login/Join 
posted
Like the title says, it’s out on shelves.
I didn’t care for last years version of it...was a bit too malty for me.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
Like the title says, it’s out on shelves.
I didn’t care for last years version of it...was a bit too malty for me.
So what exactly are you pitchin' your bitch about? October in July? This year's taste? Other?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
A marzen is supposed to be malty though.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't cared for their Oktoberfest for a few years now.

And don't even get me started on how they changed winter lager.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'll bitch about their new ad campaign for 76. Hey, I can taste my beer.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second whine for the "I can taste my beer" commercial. Enough already.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
People still drink Sam Adams?

Ugh, brown sewer water.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Maybe since they merged with Dogfish Head it will be a lot better?

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:

I have little hope for this and great fear that Boston Brewing will mess up Dogfish Head. I understand that Sam Calagione is continuing to run Dogfish Head so we will have to see.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I have little hope for this and great fear that Boston Brewing will mess up Dogfish Head. I understand that Sam Calagione is continuing to run Dogfish Head so we will have to see.[/QUOTE]

I have to say I agree with you. I first met Sam at the first Penn Brewery beer fest, when they just started. They had a version of World Wide Stout under the table. Seems like a genuine nice guy who hasn't let success go to his head. I see we are neighbors.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I thought last year's SA oktoberfest was decent but i though that Yuengling's was better. I was lucky enough to score some Ayinger oktoberfesr so all of the others paled in comparison.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:

I have little hope for this and great fear that Boston Brewing will mess up Dogfish Head. I understand that Sam Calagione is continuing to run Dogfish Head so we will have to see.

That’s funny cause my fear is that DFH will mess up Sam Adams.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
People still drink Sam Adams?

Ugh, brown sewer water.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's gotten to where I have stopped trying their seasonals and such. I will still have a Boston Lager occasionally

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
We have at least one member that buys it buy the pallet.....awaiting pic in 3....2....1

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
It's gotten to where I have stopped trying their seasonals and such. I will still have a Boston Lager occasionally

That's kind of where I am at, but the last few times I have had their boston lager it's been really on point.

With beer it's all about the freshness so I probably just got lucky. When it's fresh it's a solid, every place sells it type beer.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of Sam Adams and if I want an Oktoberfest Bier, I spend extra for Hofbrau, Spaten or Hacker-Pschorr.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky in that I have 2 small, independently owned breweries close to me that both make kick ass Octoberfest beers.
I've tried the Sam Adam's and it's not bad but there's better. It is kinda apples to oranges because the breweries near me make it small batch.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
If you can get it, Ayinger Oktoberfest-Märzen is great beer.

Indeed. My favorite Octoberfest, and one of my favorite beers overall.

Our local distributors only get a few cases each year, but I always reserve a couple cases ahead of time.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Not a fan of Sam Adams and if I want an Oktoberfest Bier, I spend extra for Hofbrau, Spaten or Hacker-Pschorr.

Spaten is just lovely,

as far as the SA/DFH thing,

surprised me a bit when it happened, and as a big fan of DFH, I hope it is just to improve economies of scale, and not to dick with the recipes they have in place,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post