SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Got Myself A Documented Vaccine Reaction
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got Myself A Documented Vaccine Reaction Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Last Friday I got the Shingrix vaccine because I'm 55 now and I've had Bells Palsy. My mother had shingles before she died and it was horrible.

Well, he warned me that I might feel bad for a few days. Some pain and itching at the injection site. The weekend was as expected, I was sore and just plain blah.

Monday came and I started feeling a little off, I attributed it to the "normal" side effects and the stress at work. We have a bunch of people out because of covid and everyone is pulling double and triple duties. I'm a director and even I am operating printers and pulling materials.

Tuesday comes and about noon I get a headache. I figured it was the stress. Around 2:00 my scalp starts hurting. I attribute it to the headache.

I get home and now I am in real pain. So much I can only ball up on the sofa and not let ANYTHING touch my hair. GOODGODDAMM my fucking hair HURTS!

I can't sleep, but I go into work Wednesday at my usual 4:00AM and wait until the doctor's office opens. I am fucking miserable and now my scalp is breaking out in lesions. I call the number and they put me through to the assistants voice mail.

At 2:30 the staff tells me to make a video appointment for 4:00 after explaining I NEED help. They want to go home early and clear the office.

I leave work immediately and get there to demand to see my doctor. The office is devoid of patients and the staff infection tell me to go sit in my car. It's OBVIOUS I'm in distress and the send me to my goddammed car. I'm in tears and holding my head and comply.

Doctor calls me for video chat in 30 minutes as they failed to tell him I was in distress.

He takes one look and yells out WHERE IS HE!!!!!! GET HIM IN HERE NOOOOWWWW!!!! NEVERMIND I WILL GET HIM MYSELF!!!!

I hear him a few seconds later approaching my car as a nurse sneaking home is parked beside me says"there's a guy in that car and he don;t look so well". Then I hear is WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT HELPING HIM NURSE!!!! YOU GO HOME,..... NOW!!!!

He pulls my door open and says come with me.

We go inside and the staff is waiting and he pulls them into the patient room and says, "see this, THIS is a negative vaccine reaction", "YOU DO NOT SEND A PATIENT IN DISTRESS TO THEIR CAR!!" He keeps his personal assistant and has her document everything.

He says this is one of the more severe side effects, but it's not life threatening, just painful.

He asks can I still drive and prescribes me gabapentin for the neuralgia and dilaudid for the pain. He told me that the hospital will only give me the pain medication and hold me for observation. He gave me his personal cell number to call him for anything I need, no matter what day or time.

I wasn't exhibiting anaphylaxis, so I would only be miserable for up to a few weeks.

I have a documented reaction to the vaccine that now must be reported. He is an honest man and will send the report in. Besides, I will request the records and send it in myself also.

The meds are working, but when they wear off, my scalp still feel like it is being sawed off.

I had undue misery because a bunch of lazy staff wanted to go home early two days before a holiday. I no longer can trust the staff and I can't wait to see them for my follow up. You think I was an asshole to the school system, now there's going to be something completely different.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Glad you at least finally got to see the doc, and that he helped you out. Perhaps there will be a few worthless nurses getting a new asshole ripped for a year-end bonus.

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you finally got some some much needed help and a doctor that has some sense. I hope your doctor reams a few asses over their stupidity. I have been running into some of the same crap lately from medical staffs and am fed up. I feel the same way you do...they are going to hear from me in very clear terms from now on and if they don't like it, that's their problem.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
What about the second shot of this stuff - Will they pre-medicate you?

Unfortunately the percentage of people who just flat don't give a shit is steadily increasing.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4212 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I want these tech school certificate bitches gone.

And the goddammed nurse that neglected to help me after I begged for it, her license needs to be yanked.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
What about the second shot of this stuff - Will they pre-medicate you?

Yes, he told me ANYTHING I might think I need.

He knows me, he knows I never complain about anything and HATE medicines, so I won't abuse the pain killers.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you choose you can file a complaint directly with the Georgia Nursing Board.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rather doubt you will be getting the second shot.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I want these tech school certificate bitches gone.

And the goddammed nurse that neglected to help me after I begged for it, her license needs to be yanked.

Yep. Nursing board complaint pronto.

Before my significant other became disabled she worked as a nurse. She was very good at what she did.

She was contacted by the nursing board to come in for a patient complaint hearing. She asked what the complaint was. Something about withholding pain meds. She asked for the full name of the nurse the complaint was on as she worked with several with the same first name.

They said nope. Get up here. Three hour drive and another half hour waiting and she comes out of the hearing after about 10 minutes. I said what the hell?

Yep, wrong person. It was one of her co workers the complaint was on. She said the person running the hearing promised her heads would roll. I asked if they were going to comp us for six hours of driving and my day off of work. Nope.

Anyway, long rant just to say I got the impression during that event that they don't play on patient complaints.

Sorry for what you went through.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Damn man, sorry to hear. That is just shit all the way around. Feel for you. Now I'm not looking forward to this shit. It's soon for me. When you get the shot? At 50?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Ah, the health "care" industry. What a beautiful thing, eh?

Sorry you had to go through that, MA Frown

My wife and I have gotten to the point we expose ourselves to the health "care" industry as little as absolutely possible, and stories like your's are but one example of why.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. Speechless with the nursing behavior. So much they are lacking: knowledge, experience, competency, empathy, consideration, urgency, ....

One wonders why/how they became a nurse. They exhibit none of the typical qualities.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. Hope you’re feeling better soon, Marzy!

I’m guessing they may advise you not to get that second shot!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I hate hearing this, Marzy, prayers you find some comfort asap.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What a crappy experience. Hope your hair and everything else is feeling better soon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20748 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
A little click-baity in late 2020 but of course you knew that.

This sucks and you definitely weren’t treated well. Interesting as we are planning on this vaccine in a month.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12347 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the Rubella Vaccine in Basic Training and after 2 days in the ER and Hospital I was told never to get another Vaccine.
The next Fall they marched us all down to get the Flu Vaccine and I told them I shouldn't get it and why.
Well, the next morning I was admitted to the Hospital and after 2 weeks including intensive care , I got out.
I did get the Shingles' Vaccine at the VA and stayed for 2 hours to see if anything would happen, nothing did.
Needless to say I'll not get the Chinese Virus shot !

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This sucks and you definitely weren’t treated well. Interesting as we are planning on this vaccine in a month.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have been fortunate with vaccines. No reaction to Shringrix other than a slightly sore arm two days later.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a miserable reaction. Glad your actual doc intervened and took care of you.

I've never had a vaccine reaction, but my paternal grandfather did to the tetanus vaccine. He had had it many times, but in his 60s had the anaphylactic reaction and was told to never have it again. I just had another tetanus booster a couple weeks ago and I had to admit I was a nervous sitting in the waiting room afterward.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23093 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
A little click-baity in late 2020 but of course you knew that.

What? I feel like shit, can barely function and just typed in the best description I could.

Are you the official bully now?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!