SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Got Myself A Documented Vaccine Reaction
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got Myself A Documented Vaccine Reaction Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
A little click-baity in late 2020 but of course you knew that.

This sucks and you definitely weren’t treated well. Interesting as we are planning on this vaccine in a month.

Is your name Richard by any chance? I’m really sick of seeing this crap!
Is he trying to sell something? NO
Is he trying to up his post count? Doubt it. He’s been here a long time and has a bunch of posts I’m sure.
Getting kind of tired of the post monitors that apparently have nothing better to do!
Bless your heart and have a great day!

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Dang Marzy. Smoke and prayers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Stop that crap. Please, just STOP.

Of all the people who could be accused of click bait posting Marzy (who has been a member of this forum for almost twenty years) is definitely NOT a click bait poster.

You should know better than that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to suggest a slightly different way of handling it - let the doctor know the entire chronology of what happened, and let him handle it. As you've been his patient for some time, I have no doubt he will either correct the behavior or change staffing. He already knows something happened, and I'm sure he will make sure something like it never happens again.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:

What? I feel like shit, can barely function and just typed in the best description I could.

Are you the official bully now?

If you are so dead you can't think through a thread-starting post without having any insight to perspective then fine.

Not official bully.

eta - frequency doesn't give a pass to the implied rules. Oh, the opposite. #notexempt

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon. I've been considering getting that vaccine myself. Seconds thoughts now.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like you got yourself one helleva good, caring doctor!
I'd imagine the staff issue will get straightened out and I bet you never have another problem. I would be willing to say they'll be something on your record that says "take good care of this patient".

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
What you went through really sucks. I have never heard of a reaction like this to that vaccine. The wife and I were thinking of getting it in January, probably still will, but what you went through does give me pause.

Thanks for sharing that.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What? I feel like shit, can barely function and just typed in the best description I could.

If you are so dead you can't think through a thread-starting post without having any insight to perspective then fine.

Not official bully.

eta - frequency doesn't give a pass to the implied rules. Oh, the opposite. #notexempt

Fuck you and the whore you rode in on.

FUCK YOU Merry Kissmyass

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not official bully.

You know I just had to go review all of your replies as of late, just to be fair in my assessment.

You're on a roll as of late.
A man is not measured by what he thinks of himself but what others think of him.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit - That's awful!!

Prayers up, hope you start feeling better soon.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
That sounds medieval. Hope you're feeling better soon. That's a vaccine that I actually need, but have been a little hesitant on.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd like to suggest a slightly different way of handling it - let the doctor know the entire chronology of what happened, and let him handle it. As you've been his patient for some time, I have no doubt he will either correct the behavior or change staffing. He already knows something happened, and I'm sure he will make sure something like it never happens again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That would be a good approach if the physician OWNED the practice. It seems that this is not the case. One of the downsides of working for a large health care concern is the physician has limited control over the staff. A friend of mine who is an internist sold his practice to the hospital. A new sign went up the next day and all the staff were changed. I think the nursing staff had SS training. He lost a lot of patients as a result.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Feel better soon Mars.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking if I'm ever in Mars' shoes I'll be off to the ER if I can't see my doc.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon Marzy.

It's fortunate it wasn't also anaphylactic.

Hopefully there's another vaccine for Shingles you could take. Did they say whether this also could apply to other vaccines, or could it have been unique to this particular shot?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's one of the more extreme side effects.

He told me he will be giving me the second dose as the chance of side effects are substantially less, but we will be prepared for them this time.

He was prepared for it and knew exactly what to do. He had researched everything before giving me the vaccine as I had kept putting it off after getting Bells Palsy a few years ago.

The office staff was the dregs from the main hospital and were wanting to close up and go home. The ones the college were required to pass no matter what.

The medicine is working and now the pain is substantially less, but it's itching and my ears are still ringing so loud, I am deaf. I was partially deaf before this. I can hear through the constant din, but everything sounds way off in the distance.

I am going to mention the hostile treatment to the doctor on my followup, but I'm sure he is quite aware and embarrassed.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the side effects are diminishing. Sounds like you have a good physician.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Mars- sounds like you have one hell of a doctor. Hang on to that one and never let him retire. Glad you are ok.

Georgeair- quit being a dick and stay the hell out of threads where you the only thing can contribute is shit.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I'm thinking if I'm ever in Mars' shoes I'll be off to the ER if I can't see my doc.

Emergency rooms are sometimes contracted out. You may in for several surprises.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post