SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Got Myself A Documented Vaccine Reaction
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got Myself A Documented Vaccine Reaction Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I had a bad reaction to a shingles shot at the VA a couple of years ago. It started within about 6 hours. There was pain at the injection site. I woke up in the middle of the night with chills so bad, I couldn't hold a glass of water due to the shaking.

By the next morning, things were back to normal. I reported this to the VA and they said it might have been due to a combination with the pneumonia shot I also had.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I’m scheduled to get my Shingrex shot in February. I hope I don’t have the same reaction you did Marzy. Hope you recover quickly.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6312 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I got a little sick from the first shot, but the second one sent me to the ER. Not quite as bad as yours was.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My apologies to Mars for being a complete dick, as well as to the group at large. I could have plenty of excuses but no legitimate reason to act like such an asshole. It won’t happen again.

Hope you continue to feel better.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry you had such a bad experience with that craptastic nursing staff. My wife is a nurse (a very good one - per her patients and coworkers), and usually it's the other way around, where the nurses advocate more for the patient than the doctor who has to cover more patients.

This is what you get when you don't have standards - graduating people no matter what. And you'll also get this if you have no choice in your healthcare provider, as there is no incentive to improve because people can't vote with their wallets.

I'll probably get the vaccine next year too. So thanks for the heads up for the potential fun I might be having. Yaaay...

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
My apologies to Mars for being a complete dick, as well as to the group at large. I could have plenty of excuses but no legitimate reason to act like such an asshole. It won’t happen again.

Thanks and no hard feelings.

Happy New Year.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the Shingrix shots last year and developed a bad case of gout in my right thumb. Never had gout before and I thought I was never going to be able to shoot a pistol with my right hand again. Checked the literature and sure enough gout is one of the adverse reactions in a small number of people. It started getting better and I took the second shot with no adverse reaction. It is completely gone now.

Posts: 12665 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

After recent depressing events culminating today with the death of the young woman in the nation's capital,
a heart-felt and sincere apology such as yours serves as a reminder that there are still lots of good folks out there.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
YAY, I now have a goddammed bill for this clusterfuck of a visit.

Sounds like it's time for litigation.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I hope you get some resolve Mars, I can't imagine having an extreme reaction to a vaccine given and then have to deal with fallout from inexperienced staff when you need help. What a nightmare. I cannot try and put myself in your shoes because honestly I've yet to ever have that kind of treatment anywhere, in hospitals or doctors offices. I wish you well.

Getting the bill I'm sure adds insult to injury!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Damn I missed all of this till now. Glad your doing better...ugh well until the damn bill came. I bet when the doctor see it he will tell you to forget about it. Bet its just that it was automatic to do billing.

Hope you do get the second shot and it goes better for you. Still has to be better then getting the shingles.

Luckily when I got mine I just had the slight sore are and feeling a little off for a day.

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
My wife and I received the 2nd shingrex vaccine yesterday. We both had pretty strong reactions. Mine was worse with Fever of 101, chills, nausea and vomiting.

We hiked our Gsheps post shot which might have been a mistake per my Pharmacist Sister in Law.

Better this morning with just a headache. Chills were so bad I Had to take a 20 minute hot shower.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post