SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women and thermostats.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women and thermostats. Login/Join 
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Wait 'till "the change" - you ain't seen nuttin yet!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So much going on here. I once worked in an old building. Full of nice young women, meaning impossible to keep happy. The owner was a grouchy old man. He had enough and installed a plastic cage over the thermostat. With old comes stupid. I did show one how to straighten a paperclip into a long tool, and then access the "wheel" with it through a vent hole. Another work around was to move a table over under the thing and place a candle under the cage. It would turn on the AC real well.

Our car is even worse with my wife. She feels no guilt and making wild swings between hottest and coldest. Never allowing it to settle on a temp.

Which brings us to the house and women's thought process (really just reactions). For fun sometime, ask them if the house will get warm faster at full hot setting, or cooler at the bottom adjustment. Most don't understand the binary nature of the thermostat. Its either on or off, turning it to 90 won't tell the furnace to run faster, or turning it to 50 won't make the compressor run faster or harder. It only makes sense to them when they're paying the utility bill. If then.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
We had to do the fake thermostat bit too. All the guys were required to wear jackets and ties, but no such dress code for the gals. So they'd come in in their cute little sun dresses and bitch that it was too cold, and jack up the temp so the guys would be sweating their butts off. I guess putting on a sweater or something wouldn't have been fashionable.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My wife prefers to announce that she is cold than to get a sweater or turn up the heat.

Sometimes I ask her if she feels warmer after one of those pronouncements.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
No problem here. My wife and I keep it at 67 winter and 76 summer. Simply bundle up in the winter and drink more hot chocolate. Summer calls for supplemental portable fans.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My wife seems to think it works like a gas pedal, push it to the floor and it gets there quicker.

Posts: 9504 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post