SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women and thermostats.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women and thermostats. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
It's cold outside.
"Don't turn the thermostat past up 71, it will be too hot in here".
It's hot outside.
"Don't turn the thermostat down past 74, it will be too cold in here". Roll Eyes

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
So, you're the guy that married my wife's sister.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People cannot agree on temperature. In business this can be costly. An owner of a local bowling alley had people complain about the temperature all the time. Unfortunately they had access to a thermostat. His AC guy came in and installed a computer controlled system but left the old thermostats in place so people could mess with them if they wanted. He got compliments on how comfortable the place was and saved a bundle on electricity.

Worth a try.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Mom said; "Close the door, it's hot outside!"

I said: "So, if I leave the door open will it cool of outside?"

Mom smacked me.

I never found out if my hypothesis was valid...

But, if you backtalk mom, your cheek will get hotter.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife keeps the doors and windows open at anything >50 degrees. Meanwhile, I am cranking up the propane furnace and fireplace. You just have to learn to get along, to get along.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You don't relish every cold day you can get in AZ?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
After 36 years of marriage I've learned what battles to wage and the thermostat setting is not one of them. If she is hot, she turns up the AC. If she is too cold, she turns up the heat. It is what it is and will always be. Now if we were talking punctuality, that would be a totally different animal.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Absolutely not. I love the hot. Why I wanted to move here. For my wife, it is a "fresh air" thing. My comfort range for indoors is 75-85.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
The old rules apply-

If mom is hot, EVERYONE is hot.
If mom is cold, EVERYONE is cold.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I keep it at 68-70 during the winter. My wife never touches the thermostat or complains. Summer at the mercy of Mother Nature.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
Most people have a range of temperatures at which they can function ok. Perhaps 20 degrees such as from 65-85.

My wife has a range of about .0047 degrees----from what to what I've never been able to find out.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Back in the day when I was at American we had a DC-10 Captain who got sick of the flight attendants constantly calling up front to adjust the temperature. So he got an old-school thermostat control and would stick it on a panel next to the galley and tell them that this plane was modified and they could control the temp with that thermostat. It worked - they would fiddle with it all day, but never call up front.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My wife of 36 years seems to be committed to personally air-condition the Grand Canyon state through our open doors in the Summer.

It hasn't worked so far but the power company is billing us for it none the less.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by critter44:

My wife has a range of about .0047 degrees----from what to what I've never been able to find out.

Silly man - you're chasing a moving target trying to pin it down.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny stuff, must be all women.
For our house, except if I am gone, in the winter, we keep it at 69. The wife used to complain and I bought her a blanket and a sweatshirt(BlackHawk).
In the summer we keep the air on at 73. She has been fine with that.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
My wife of 36 years seems to be committed to personally air-condition the Grand Canyon state through our open doors in the Summer.

It hasn't worked so far but the power company is billing us for it none the less.

Your wife must be related to mine. Smile

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Mom said; "Close the door, it's hot outside!"

I said: "So, if I leave the door open will it cool of outside?"

Mom smacked me.

I never found out if my hypothesis was valid...

But, if you backtalk mom, your cheek will get hotter.

It was always my backside that got burnt!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

AZ is fucking FREEZING at night. especially coming from 100*+ days

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
AZ is fucking FREEZING at night. especially coming from 100*+ days

Extremely low humidity/dewpoint levels equates to a wide range in temperature between daytime high and nighttime low. It is not unusual to see a 40 degree difference. The desert can get quite cold at night.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by critter44:
Most people have a range of temperatures at which they can function ok. Perhaps 20 degrees such as from 65-85.

Mine is from about 35° (as long as there's little or no wind) up to about 75° if I'm outdoors. I can take a little warmer if I don't have to do anything, and I can take colder if I dress for it.

Anything much over 85° with even a hint of humidity and I'm miserable.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post