SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    That's It: No More "News" For Me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That's It: No More "News" For Me Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
quote:
If their broadcast journalism quality is anything like their website journalism quality I wouldn't pay for it. Internally produced stories consistently conform to the standards of Rodong Sinmun, and are often filled with grammatical errors. They carry Reuters for big stories, and those are a much better quality.

You're not too far off the mark, OANN could never be confused for a polished news source. In many ways they remind me of the old college news stations with someone who can barely read the TelePrompTer and often messes up the pronunciation of a word. However, it beats a panel of talking heads confusing their feelings for legitimate news.

Yes while it has a college news quality to it, the reporting is more reporting than editorial unlike what you find on other channels. I in no way need a group of six people shouting over each other and competing for who can be most outrageous. That is what half the "news" has evolved into.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
You'll feel so much better and be much better informed as a result.

I gave up network news in the 90's and all cable news after watching US forces roll into Baghdad - Fox News was going live embedded with the troops. I don't even know where CNN/FOX/MSNBC are on my cable package.

You can better and quicker news on the internet.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post