SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LG is now on my "Do Not Buy" list.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LG is now on my "Do Not Buy" list. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine does the same. I have a Panasonic. I had just never been that compulsive with cooking times, but I see how that would be a problem in the way that you use it. Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
LMC1575BD

It may be slick looking, but it's exactly what I'd expect from a microwave without a keypad/numbers right there on the face of it.

Yep

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
neti-pot

?

Posts: 27839 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just accept the fact that it's your fault for buying Korean. Never again. We bought a samisung (no captial letters) Oh, did I mention "never again". They make shit products that fail. Except the rest of the civilized world makes replacement parts. Try getting them for a samisung some time. Oh, did I mention that I'm pissed. You'd never have guessed. So I had to replace a $2200 frige that a minor board inside had croaked on. OK, we bought an American made GE. Yes, I even purchased an extended warranty. Because anything is better that buying Korean crap.

Simply put, don't buy unrepairable junk.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Our first microwave was an American made Amana Radarrange. It had a knob you turned to set the time or should I say the about time. You could set it for about a minute for example. I'm just happy our latest microwave has popcorn and reheat buttons that work really well. Until this thread, I had never considered a microwave as a precision cooking instrument.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you say you got it at Best Buy?, if you are within the return period it shouldn't matter that you don't have the box.

With you on the purturbedness...it seems inconsequential but if that is a feature that is needed then it is needed. I use the cheap GE microwave and it works great.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10 sec increments is too course a schedule for modern high powered microwave.

5 seconds is too but I could live with that.

Hard to believe they would not give infinite down to 1.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I realized that I don’t even know how to enter time on my microwave. I know where the “30 seconds full power” button is. I hit heat as many times as necessary. Nuke the burrito or boil water. Occasionally reheat something. Aside if that, I don’t use the thing.

While I agree that the ten second increments is odd, you can enter in thirty second increments.

This probably suits the needs of 95% of the people that buy microwaves.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
neti-pot

?

It’s a sinus washing teapot-type thing

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Yes, I microwave my oatmeal for 4:44 at power level 60%. But, to proclaim LG as persona non grata for failing to offer this fine distinction? I push 4:44 because it is simple. Three presses of one button. If they offered only 4:40, so what? I could easily move my finger from 4 to 0 on the keypad.

Sure, it's your castle. But, LG makes reasonable quality stuff and you probably don't need anything at the second level to properly cook or reheat items.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get what is bugging you, you are cooking something like Salmon and have found thru experience that seconds do matter.

Unfortunately LG decided to safe a dime and do away with a numerical key pad to set the cook time with. So you get the 10 second, 30 second, and 1 minute time increments based on the total time. The reason is simple, people don't want to wait for the cook time to scroll up or down in 1 second increments. Because in a 1 hour cook time you would have to scroll thru 3600 seconds.

The hot tip here is that in the future you NEVER EVER purchase a countertop microwave or oven that doesn't feature a numeric keypad.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
neti-pot

?

It’s a sinus washing teapot-type thing

Ew. I like to say no knowledge is ever useless, but I'm sorry I asked.

Posts: 27839 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I suspect bendable may have an answer for this problem.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Write the company off forever because you don't like the microwave YOU picked out. Roll Eyes
O.K. I'm sure they are going to miss you. lol

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Write the company off forever because you don't like the microwave YOU picked out. Roll Eyes
O.K. I'm sure they are going to miss you. lol

Yeah, it seems to be a little extreme for sure. I love LG electronic devices. We have 2 LG smart TVs, an LG monitor and I have an LG G6 cell phone and they all are awesome. Our 3 year old LG washer is okay, not great, and I wish I would have payed a little more for a Maytag, but I'm sure as hell not dumping all LG products in the future because of one disappointing purchase.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post