SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate jet skis!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate jet skis!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^ 400 horse? Tiny boat? Nope!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
This whole thread is how I feel about motorcycles. Razz Loud obnoxious machines weaving in and out of traffic and going by my house all the time at 100+mph doing wheelies.

Where were you when I expressed that same opinion a couple of months ago? Smile

There are assholes in every sport or occupation. the problem is they just seem to congregate in some. As bad as the assholes are, they seem perfectly justified in breaking the law. Its their right!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jet skis are like firearms, they often end up in the hands of the wrong people. I didn't ride one until I was fifty . I'm now 75 and still riding one . Those who say they "hate" them, likely have never ridden one . They are the most fun you can have with a bathing suit on .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
My uncle owned 2 of them at his lake house.

You couldnt run Jet Skis or Ski boats until 1000 during the summer, probably an HOA rule.

I was out there every day at 1000 til about 1050 when other boats started showing up then I parked it til the lake quieted down. Mainly cause I realized, it was basically the same thing as a motorcycle sharing the road w/ cars and semi trucks.

I will admit I liked jumping wakes of other boats, and I paid extra attention if I was following someone tubing (IE I was 200 yards back, and watched the tube, if they went off I peeled off)

They are great fun, but I wouldnt want to boat, or ride one on a public lake..

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ride mine on a river and a creek off of that river. Lakes can get crazy! The ones with public access attract too many people. I gave up on them years ago. So many boats and jet skis going in all directions. The wakes from all directions make you feel like you're in a giant blender . The other problem with lakes is that no matter what side of the boat, you pee from, you're facing land.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
We used to call them lake roaches because when they saw us in a wakeboard boat they knew that it would throw a huge wake, and they would just come out of nowhere. I have seen several fist fights at the boat ramp because of jackasses on "water couches" don't have a clue to what they are doing.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The worst I saw was someone riding one up and down the Snohomish River during salmon season. I was tempted to give him a treble hook welcome.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting on a nice quiet beach in FL, enjoying a cold one, the fresh breeze off the water....then one of those things buzzes up bout 20 yds off the beach, spewing their freakin exhaust all over the area. Azzholes, all of them. Not unusual for them to beach some little way down the beach but close enough to you like you're supposed to look after the damn things while they traips on down the sand.....uh, NO.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local river has become popular with them. "River" - that's what it's called on the map; it's often only 40' wide and is ox-bow city. The county is trying to put in a no-wake rule, because the river is primarily used by canoers and fishermen. No one has been hurt badly, yet.

Jet skis belong on that river like a motorcycle belongs on a sidewalk.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, my river is three miles wide.

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Assholes and jet skis seem to go together... we've had problems with the rentals in particular (and maybe it's just that so many people rent, not own, so they don't care, and haven't learned the "rules of the road")?

Of course, over July 4th, it's much worse, top speeds alongside land and marinas where boats are docked, screwing around with shipping boats that simply cannot stop..and of course they certainly don't know the warning that the 1000' boats blow because they haven't bothered to learn the danger.

I really question whether they've been introduced to what the words "NO WAKE" even mean, or are even shown areas where it's safe to play/shipping/boating channels/where to avoid.

I pity the trolling fisherman (with downriggers and lines dragging back however many feet) when those idiots are out.

But put them in a kayak and they can be just as bad. Out at night in the dark, no light, maybe a little reflector tape if you're lucky, in the middle of a channel when you're bearing down on them and can't see em. Such arrogance. Gross tonnage applies there, too.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cruiser133
posted Hide Post
I love my 255hp rxt-x jetski. Being an asshole on the water is not confined to folks who own jetskis. I have seen 30' cabin cruisers at wot within high traffic areas and jerk off fishermen on 14' boats anchored in a travel lane cussing out boaters who are trying to have a good time well away from shore.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Assholes and jet skis seem to go together...

I resent that allegation and I resent the alli gator'.