SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Whatever Happened To Tire Discount's Excellent Customer Service? UPDATE on Page 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whatever Happened To Tire Discount's Excellent Customer Service? UPDATE on Page 2 Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I've used Tire Warehouse here. I've bought two sets of tires over the years. Free rotation and I never make an appointment. Just come in and it's always done within twenty minutes or so.

Even better was I now bring in the new Escape for a tire rotation. Expecting to pat they look up the name as as a past customer, they have yet to charge for the rotation.

Of course as pointed out, it all comes down to the manager of that location.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I have used our local DT store for several years now, and they always go above and beyond to make me happy. I also like that, while the local Ford dealer wants me to pay them to reset the pressure sensors every time my tires get rotated, the DT does it for no charge in a fraction of the time.

Slight thread drift ahead: every time I'm in the local Discount Tire, I notice that the ONLY music I hear is contemporary Christian music. Is this just a local store choice, or have any of you noted it as well?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Glad it has worked out for you. It's good to hear a company doing the right thing like this.

One of the ongoing discussions I have with the Mrs. is just this. I am willing to spend more for good service, whereas the Mrs. is all about the lowest price.

An example of how I changed my thinking: A while back I bought a new amplifier for my sound system. I price shopped a couple of brick and mortar places and ended up buying online where I found a great price.

Fast forward a couple of years and I have a problem with amp. The online place simply refers me to the manufacturer. I take it to one the local hifi shops I had price shopped at. They look at it but are unable to help -- it has to go to a manufacturer approved repair shop.

But, in talking with the guy at hifi shop, he casually says "Too bad you didn't buy from us".

"Why is that?", I say.

He replies, "When one of our customers has problems with equipment they buy from us, we go to their house, pick up the unit, bring a loaner, install it, take care of the repair, bring their unit back, uninstall the loaner, install their repaired unit and pick up our loaner. All at no add'l charge."

"Oh", I said. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post