SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Whatever Happened To Tire Discount's Excellent Customer Service?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whatever Happened To Tire Discount's Excellent Customer Service? Login/Join 
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
snip

I'm beginning to thing that the best solution might be to order tires from TireRack.com, drop-shipped to an independent service shop for mounting.

psst.... I just bought 4 tires today from www.walmart.com cheaper than I could find anywhere. Free shipping to local store. I will probably go ahead and have them mounted and balanced there with road warranty. Hard to find somewhere without a walmart. I can rotate them myself.

Posts: 2140 | Location: in the Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't say I've ever had a problem with discount tire, but they just built a Big O tire within walking distance of my house that seems to be pretty good (I've bought one set of tires and had a couple oil changes so far) so I guess Big o has my business for now because I can drop my car off and walk home take a nap on my couch instead of waiting in the waiting room.

Posts: 501 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk to your local Walmart's tech or some customers before letting them near your vehicle. I knew the guys at ours and still wouldn't let them work on mine. Stripped drain plugs, scratched rims, out of balance or incorrectly installed tires, etc were all complaints I heard from customers. Just FYI.
Also, our local store will not sell you tires if you don't let them mount them for u. Like $12-20 a corner.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 1417 | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Executive reply or not, at least the financial portion got straightened out so that is good news.
This is true, and I am glad about that.

However, what I am seeing here on this thread, example being one member who had a 9:00 am appointment and the work did not get started until 11:45, along with many negative comments for the same type of thing on other websites, I am guessing that we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Discount Tire seems to have a widespread problem with this aspect of customer service and nothing is going to get fixed without a mandate from the top. Even then, the problem might persist, but it's worth a try.

I'm beginning to thing that the best solution might be to order tires from TireRack.com, drop-shipped to an independent service shop for mounting.

As I mentioned in a previous post, It's even worse than making an appointment at the doctors office.

As far as Tire Rack, find out what the return policy is if you get a defective tire (it does happen).

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
"It's worse, it's so much worse"

Posts: 2195 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm getting ready to buy my 7th set of tires from them (for the wife's car this time), and with few exceptions, have always found my store here in South Orlando to be very helpful and to run close to on time for appointments. They broke a wheel stud on my truck some time ago, and since I fixed it myself, they credited my account the $75 fee they'd have paid the shop they'd have sent me to for the repair. I was very pleased with that outcome.

Their road hazard warranty pays huge dividends if you have a nail go through the sidewall of a reasonably new tire, and Discount can't repair it. Had that happen to my wife's car, and Discount installed a brand new $225 Michelin tire in its place, no questions asked. All I paid for was the new road hazard certificate on the new tire (~$25). And I'm one of those customers who has Discount rotate and balance the tires on all three of my cars every 5k miles, so I see them regularly. So far so good.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 24874 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billr
posted Hide Post
I've been buying tires from them since the 80's and never had any problems. The shop near me has always been great. The corp headquarters is just up the road from me, so that may have something to do with it...

--
When you rest your steak and your whiskey upon the table you have made, you feel pretty goddamn tall for keeping those treats off the ground.

Posts: 2146 | Location: Arizona | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post