SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LEO Opinions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEO Opinions Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
DD donuts are stale the minute they put them in the display case. They don't make them at the store, they are made somewhere else, put on a truck and delivered to the store. CC donuts however are made on the scene,in the individual store. They are fresh. Much better donuts.

I dated a gril through high school whos dad owned 5 DD stores and each store made their own donuts. They would swap raw materials between stores but that was it. Getting the hot donuts right off of the glaze rack was an awesome perk.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I never dated a gril.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
If I ask for a LEO opinion I feel confident in the response only if he says "Trust me, I know what I'm doing".

NICE Sledgehammer reference

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
DD donuts are stale the minute they put them in the display case. They don't make them at the store, they are made somewhere else, put on a truck and delivered to the store. CC donuts however are made on the scene,in the individual store. They are fresh. Much better donuts.

I dated a gril through high school whos dad owned 5 DD stores and each store made their own donuts. They would swap raw materials between stores but that was it. Getting the hot donuts right off of the glaze rack was an awes
ome perk.

They changed that some time ago.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I dated a gril through high school whos dad owned 5 DD stores and each store made their own donuts. They would swap raw materials between stores but that was it. Getting the hot donuts right off of the glaze rack was an awes
ome perk.
Currently, baked in a central bakery and distributed to the stores.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I suspect they are shipped in frozen around here then reheated.

I don't get the appeal.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t had a donut since August of ‘95.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
You're not a REAL cop! I knew it all along.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think we've got ourselves a rat Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
quote:
quote:
ome perk.

Inaccurate in many cases. That's only the large stores.

All the little store fronts receive frozen items the size of hockey pucks in mostly one flavor. A dude comes in and overnight runs them through essentially a high-tech Easy-Bake oven, when they spit out adds sprinkles, icing, or just puts the plain pieces of crap on a rack.

THAT is what you get at DD in most locations now.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fred is rolling over in his grave...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BwSdXbkflV0

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Inaccurate in many cases. That's only the large stores.

All the little store fronts receive frozen items the size of hockey pucks in mostly one flavor. A dude comes in and overnight runs them through essentially a high-tech Easy-Bake oven, when they spit out adds sprinkles, icing, or just puts the plain pieces of crap on a rack.

THAT is what you get at DD in most locations now.
Not sure where you're getting your information, but here's where I got mine: A pilot, whom I trained for instrument rating, bought a half share in my V-Tail. He flies to locations of the several dozen Dunkin' Donut franchises that he owns. Some are fairly sizable stand-alone, some are storefront in strip malls.

Earlier today, I texted him to ask about this. His reply: the donuts are baked in a central bakery and distributed to the stores.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I'm an attorney and I like when people ask me questions.

Just yesterday, I got a call from a guy. He asked what my normal fee was. I said "I charge $1,000 for three questions."

He said, "Wow, don't you think that's kind of steep?"

"Not at all" I said. "What's your third question?" Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
His reply: the donuts are baked in a central bakery and distributed to the stores.

That doesn't mean they aren't distributed frozen. Wink

Very common to par bake then freeze baked goods which are then finished at the point of sale.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, VTail, CHONGO... You guys are harsh!
Wink

True story!
Had my last donut about a week before I started the Academy. I just refused to be "That Cop".

Now, the day I retire... There's going to be a box of jelly filled waiting for my gullet!

(Technically; bear-claws, cininamon rolls and Danishes are NOT donuts.)

Chongo, how's that Sgt stuff working out?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn, VTail, CHONGO... You guys are harsh!
Wink

True story!
Had my last donut about a week before I started the Academy. I just refused to be "That Cop".

Now, the day I retire... There's going to be a box of jelly filled waiting for my gullet!

(Technically; bear-claws, cininamon rolls and Danishes are NOT donuts.)
When I was a kid, my favorite older cousin was my hero. He was a cop, walked a beat in Brooklyn (NY). No donuts for Solly, no Dunkin' Donuts around at that time, but in the Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn there were little Mom & Pop bagel bakeries all over the place, so Solly would munch a bagel as he walked his beat.

I never saw him with powdered sugar on his uniform. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
A bagel, while round, and having a hole in the middle is not a donut. So Im good there too!
Toss on some cream cheese, a little smoked salmon... or make a PB&J out of it...

But that’s just my opinion.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
A bagel, while round, and having a hole in the middle is not a donut. So Im good there too!
Toss on some cream cheese, a little smoked salmon
Add a healthy slice of Vidalia onion and you're good to go. My wife likes to add a slice of tomato and a few capers, I can do without those. The bagel -- it should be a garlic bagel. Accompany with a large glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
His reply: the donuts are baked in a central bakery and distributed to the stores.
That doesn't mean they aren't distributed frozen. Wink

Very common to par bake then freeze baked goods which are then finished at the point of sale.
I just asked him ("him" being the guy we call "Donut Dude," that name being assigned because he owns several dozen Dunkin' Donut franchises) whether they are distributed frozen.

His reply: "No. Cooked and Delivered. Although there is a frozen product that some stores use if they don’t have space."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים