SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Daughter's Employer Needing Doc Note
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter's Employer Needing Doc Note Login/Join 
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
My job requires a doctor's note after 3 consecutive sick days

Maybe tell them your religion doesn't allow you to go see a Wizard-I mean, Doctor.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My work tried the same crap.....told them I would happily go to the Dr as long as they paid the bill and travel time.

Dmac

Posts: 22 | Location: Coastal Massachusetts | Registered: July 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just sign a note "Doctor Dad" on Sig stationary "come SEE me if you have any questions".

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Make up some doc-in-a-box stationary (using actual business info) on your computer and generate all the notes you need.

They aren’t going to call to verify because they know no medical facility would share info.

It isn’t anymore complicated than turning in a note from your parent when sick in high school. Always write your own, even when really sick and not just skipping.

If every note they have on file is a “forgery”, they don’t have anything real to compare it too.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Make up some doc-in-a-box stationary (using actual business info) on your computer and generate all the notes you need.

They aren’t going to call to verify because they know no medical facility would share info.

It isn’t anymore complicated than turning in a note from your parent when sick in high school. Always write your own, even when really sick and not just skipping.

If every note they have on file is a “forgery”, they don’t have anything real to compare it too.
It looks even more official if you FAX it to them. I send FAX stuff for free, using https://www.gotfreefax.com.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just be sure to use spell check and proper grammar. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Our Dr. note policy is much more generous than the OPs, but I'm the one that gets to see all the Dr. Notes that are brought in. I promise, spelling and grammar perfection in these notes is not necessary. I'm honestly surprised by some of the language I see from professionals in the excuses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Perception,

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
If you're masquerading as a doctor's office, neither spelling nor grammar needs to be correct.

You'll want a phone number for the letterhead. Find one that is always busy, or has recently been disconnected. That will frustrate anybody who is foolish enough to try to call it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Notes like" He is on his period", generally do not pass muster, even if grammar is correct.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Don't write "Signed, Epstein's Mother" on your fake note.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had sick time abusers forced to get notes before. They get overtime to go and get them since they're being forced to go, usually outside of work hours, by the department. We sure showed them.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Don't write "Signed, Epstein's Mother" on your fake note.

LOL

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post