SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    String Cheese
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

String Cheese Login/Join 
Picture of JR78
posted
Have you ever had a couple of cocktails and tried to open those little bastards?

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Scissors or 'tactical folder'. Stay away from brie with nacho chips. The sum is less than the parts.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Cracker Barrel brand. Walmart carries them. Easy opener, even for me with my Guillain Barré impaired dexterity.

Not string cheese though, they are cheese sticks. Many flavors. We buy the pepper cheese and the extra sharp cheddar.

Just pull the where it says "open here" and the wrapper comes right apart. Even after a few drinks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight stray. Does anyone actually eat string cheese by pulling off the little strings? I did as a kid but now I can’t fathom why.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Slight stray. Does anyone actually eat string cheese by pulling off the little strings? I did as a kid but now I can’t fathom why.

Tastes better that way.

Just like the shapes for cheap boxed Mac n Cheese is better than the elbows.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Tastes better that way.

Just like the shapes for cheap boxed Mac n Cheese is better than the elbows.

It does, especially with real string cheese. Real string, like the kind I to buy at Bobby Nelson Cheeseshop off I-94 in Wisconsin, is fantastic. That plastic wrapped wrap in the grocery store isn't fit for Subway.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
It does, especially with real string cheese. Real string, like the kind I to buy at Bobby Nelson Cheeseshop off I-94 in Wisconsin, is fantastic. That plastic wrapped wrap in the grocery store isn't fit for Subway.

Bobby Nelson smoked string cheese is the best!

They sell by mail too.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
True story: Bobby Nelson, the store's founder, was a professional wrestler in the 1940s and 50s.

Maybe true story: He created a couple holds: the full-nelson and half-nelson.

I haven't been there in twenty years, but I'm going to call them and see how much it'll cost to ship some things here. The sausages and snack sticks were really good as well.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
True story: Bobby Nelson, the store's founder, was a professional wrestler in the 1940s and 50s.

Maybe true story: He created a couple holds: the full-nelson and half-nelson.

I haven't been there in twenty years, but I'm going to call them and see how much it'll cost to ship some things here. The sausages and snack sticks were really good as well.

Between the smoked string cheese, cheese curds, landjager, bacon, aged cheddar, brats, garlic summer sausage and a couple of other things I can't do without, I almost never get out the door at Bobby Nelsons for less than $100 when I'm passing through.

WI DOT reconfigured I94 in Kenosha a few years back making Nelsons harder to access and taking some of their parking. Between moving the on ramp that was right in front of the shop, messing up the frontage road and Mars Cheese Castle continuing to expand, I'm glad Nelsons is still around.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure to let your cheese warm up a bit to have the best flavor and texture too!

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
quote:

Bobby Nelson smoked string cheese is the best!
They sell by mail too.

Is there a website?
I do love to eat some REAL Wisconsin foods from my youth but all I can find is a phone number.
That seems like a very clumsy way to go about ordering numerous items I would like to have.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Is there a website?
I do love to eat some REAL Wisconsin foods from my youth but all I can find is a phone number.
That seems like a very clumsy way to go about ordering numerous items I would like to have.

They are super old school and do not. Call and ask them to mail you a price list, and then call them or write them back once you get it to place an order.