SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Please delete
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please delete Login/Join 
posted
Please delete

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigeinkcmo,

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I’d say 99% of my microcenter purchases are in-store, so I haven’t had this problem. However, Microcenter is big on selling refurbished or returned items (marked as such, and at a discount) so I wonder if the first one you got was pulled from the return pile instead of the new pile. Especially if they only have one or two of an item, I’ve had Johnny P. Stockboy get lazy and pull the first thing he found with the right name in the back. Of course, if I am in the store I just give him the ‘I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed’ dad look, and wait for him to try again!

I wouldn’t say Microcenter is bad at online sales, but I would definitely say their stronger at in-store sales. For online I tend to buy from Newegg. They aren’t usually the cheapest, but I appreciate all the effort they put into fighting patent trolls, so I let them have the extra couple bucks. Actually, Microcenter does some stuff I appreciate to discourage scalpers, which is part of the reason I still shop with them. During the GPU mining craze, they would sell you one GPU at regular price, but if you wanted two, each one cost twice as much, and if you wanted three or more the price went up several hundred percent. They realized that the miners and scalpers are not their long-term customers, and they are terrible about abusing return policies. So, they basically gave them the middle finger...which I appreciated!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You need to be complaining to them not us.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I went to a major electronics store to by a phone case. A stack of 12 were marked down to $20. Perfect. Grabbed the first one. Inspected. Used. Next one. Scratched. Next one. Smudged with paw prints. Finally found unused one on number 11.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about electronics, particularly cellphones, that are under warranty but if it goes belly up, you don't get a new one but a "refurbished" one that likely has the same problem yours did.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post