SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How does one afford dental treatment?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does one afford dental treatment? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I love the ads that say "implants are more affordable than you think". Awesome, I thought that they cost a fortune but it's only a small fortune. And then there's the ad that tells everyone that they don't have to be embarrassed of their smile, dental work is virtually painless. Yeah, everyone that walks around with crooked or missing teeth is just afraid of some pain. I guess that owing thousands of dollars has nothing to do with it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:And then there's the ad that tells everyone that they don't have to be embarrassed of their smile, dental work is virtually painless. Yeah, everyone that walks around with crooked or missing teeth is just afraid of some pain. I guess that owing thousands of dollars has nothing to do with it.

Definitely not everyone, but there are a lot of people who put off dental visits or treatment due to fear. That $200 filling quickly becomes a $1,500 root canal and a $1,000 crown if neglected. That said, I'd avoid any place that advertises quick, cheap, etc. There are better options out there.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've seen a dentist once in 25 years. In our household the parents don't so the kids can. So far I've been fortunate not to have any pain issues in that time. But, I'm sure I'm going to pay for that down the road.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I feel you. Maxed out my dental insurance ($1000 cap for the year) last year with 1 root canal in the middle of the year, had to get 4 more retreatments between November and December by an endodontist trying to track down the real culprit causing a tooth that to be super sensitive to heat.

You wanna talk expensive? Ended up at the oral surgeon's office; he found it with one of those fancy X-ray machines. There was a cyst on top of the tooth behind the afflicted one, so I had an apicoectomy in January...With insurance I still paid $2200, plus I just got another $120 bill from the lab they sent the cyst to the other day. Still, though, I can drink my coffee (mostly) in peace by now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vulrath,

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Dental floss sure is cheap.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well crown is set for March 16, $1,052.00

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post