SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon log in...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon log in... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have the family account and one I use for work. I log in to both of them frequently on the same PC. All of a sudden about a month ago it is constantly asking me to verify via some email despite having the proper login and password. Annoying as shit. I cant access my personal email on my work PC, so I cant get into Amazon.

First world problems I know, but a pain to use my personal account since I need a 2nd PC to do it now.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
You may have activated 2-factor authorization. Should be able to check your settings.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Banks and credit card companies like to do that to me too, despite this being the same computer I've had for eight years now. Roll Eyes Suntrust Bank lost my business over it. They were supposed to send me an e-mail with a link to click, but the e-mail was blank.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised that, with all the chatter about Russians hacking the interwebz, security has been updated to include more irritating security measures. I find myself regularly logged out of accounts I used to be permanently logged into.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep getting the "we don't know this device so you need to get a one time email/text/etc." But it's far too often and not "one time".

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
That can happen if your browser either isn't accepting cookies or is deleting cookies when you sign off.

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWills:
That can happen if your browser either isn't accepting cookies or is deleting cookies when you sign off.

I'll check this out thanks. Also the earlier thought of 2 party authorization

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Sorry, we don't recognize your computer...""

Good! Nor should you! I don't want you recognizing my computer!

Some of the duel authentications piss me off.... yeah, better make sure it's really me, I'd hate for someone else to pay my phone bill for me. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I keep getting the "we don't know this device so you need to get a one time email/text/etc." But it's far too often and not "one time".

Yeah this. I don't get it. Same PC, and you have the proper user name and password so WTF. So it's not a new device.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Can you get personal email on the web? I get my Gmail through my mail app at home but at work I have to go to gmail.com.

Just a thought.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Do you have a smartphone? Check your email on your phone and enter the code in the work computer

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Do you have a smartphone? Check your email on your phone and enter the code in the work computer

My phone is also through my company

posted Hide Post
Could be a prank. 14 year olds know their way around phones.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Could be a prank. 14 year olds know their way around phones.

LOL... OK that is a good one