SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon sent me a QR graphic instead of a PDF
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon sent me a QR graphic instead of a PDF Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I received a defective light fixture from Amazon. They sent a replacement, and an email with links for a return label for the defective light. But the links send me to a site that has no printable PDF – just an image of a QR graphic.

What in Hell am I supposed to do with that QR graphic?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beats me. I just learned what Venmo was last year.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I received a defective light fixture from Amazon. They sent a replacement, and an email with links for a return label for the defective light. But the links send me to a site that has no printable PDF – just an image of a QR graphic.

What in Hell am I supposed to do with that QR graphic?

Take package to closest UPS store, show them the QR code. They generate a shipping label and, optionally, a receipt for you. They even box it up, if required.

This is actually explained during the return process on Amazon's site.

And, yes: They can scan the QR code from an image displayed on your phone.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I thank you, ensigmatic.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You can print it out, when it appears on the screen in your browser, right mouse click and select print.

But as ensigmatic pointed out, they can scan it from your phone.

We use the UPS store for returns its on the way to the PO for work, so drop offs are quick, Kohls is next option but it's by Wal-Mart and a pain traffic wise.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help...eId=G6E3B2E8QPHQ88KF

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, using the QR code at the UPS Store is way easier than boxing it up yourself, printing and taping on a label, and then handing it off to UPS.

Just walk in, scan the code on your phone, hand them the item to be returned, and walk out. Packing and shipping is their responsibility.

Even better, if you request a refund, once the UPS Store accepts the item, you generally get your refund right away. You usually don't have to wait for it to arrive at the return center and be processed.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had an item to return to Amazon recently.

I received the QR code and instructions for return. The specified return facility was Kohl; there was no mention of The UPS Store as an option, even though I had originally received the item at The UPS Store, and in the past, The UPS Store had been included in the options for return locations. Any idea what this is about?

Kohl's is a pain in the ass; The UPS Store is convenient for me, as I stop there every day or two, to pick up my mail.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe call the UPS store and see if they still handle amazon returns? Crazy, I know, but it might just work.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've twice returned Amazon items via a UPS Store using the QR code method. Quick and easy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Maybe call the UPS store and see if they still handle amazon returns? Crazy, I know, but it might just work.
Yes, they do.

Calling anywhere is mostly out of the question for me because hearing aids do not play nicely with telephone.

I know that The UPS Store does still handle Amazon returns; I am in there (UPS Store) several times each week, I asked them about it. They told me to ask Amazon why UPS Store was not an option for this particular return.

It was a coin toss as to which would have been a bigger waste of my time, screwing around with Amazon chat service to ask, or just going out of my way to Kohl's, so I went to Kohl's.

If the same situation pops up again I will clarify with Amazon.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Algorithms.

It's all logistics algorithms.

Some items Amazon will allow you to return to a UPS Store, others will be accepted at Kohl's, and others can be dropped off at the Amazon storefront (if you have one nearby).

There will always be an alternative return method, including standard pack and ship (and depending on the return reason, sometimes for an additional fee.

When they give you the various return options to pick from, Amazon has already optimized the path to get that particular item back to a particular Warehouse to process the return. It's all behind the scenes magic, but rest assured, Amazon is constantly optimizing the logistics path at every point.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Probably it's the type of return, sometimes I've had to cancel the return and pick a different return reason to get free return shipping.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Yes, they do.

Calling anywhere is mostly out of the question for me because hearing aids do not play nicely with telephone.

I know that The UPS Store does still handle Amazon returns; I am in there (UPS Store) several times each week, I asked them about it. They told me to ask Amazon why UPS Store was not an option for this particular return.

It was a coin toss as to which would have been a bigger waste of my time, screwing around with Amazon chat service to ask, or just going out of my way to Kohl's, so I went to Kohl's.

If the same situation pops up again I will clarify with Amazon.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I've run into this too. We don't have a local UPS store, just a franchise that is licensed to provide UPS shipping. The QR is a pain when you don't have a UPS store handy. You can email them back and say you need a printed label. If you go through the return process on their web site, you reach a page where you can select a print label rather than a QR code (by selecting that you will drop off the package at a pickup point).

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have a QR reader app on my iPhone. I’ve never used it. IIRC it came with a download I wanted to read bar codes.

Could I scan with it and would that generate a shipping label I could print to my printer?

Just curious.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
The email should tell you where to take it. If you got a QR code and not a label, it could be either Kohls or UPS store.

Depending on what the item is and who the seller was, returns may be handled by one or the other or your choice of either.

If there is an option, you get to pick. If no option, the email will tell you what to do with it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I have a QR reader app on my iPhone. I’ve never used it. IIRC it came with a download I wanted to read bar codes.

Could I scan with it and would that generate a shipping label I could print to my printer?

Just curious.

No

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've returned 2 things using the QR code and I took both to the UPS Store. Must've been in there at least 20 seconds.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I've returned 2 things using the QR code and I took both to the UPS Store. Must've been in there at least 20 seconds.

^^^^ My experience also. Sorry, Mr. Pipe Smoker, your bitch no good. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cne32507,

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I had an item to return to Amazon recently.

I received the QR code and instructions for return. The specified return facility was Kohl; there was no mention of The UPS Store as an option, even though I had originally received the item at The UPS Store, and in the past, The UPS Store had been included in the options for return locations. Any idea what this is about?

Kohl's is a pain in the ass; The UPS Store is convenient for me, as I stop there every day or two, to pick up my mail.

When you do the return sometimes you won’t see UPS. There should be a link to select other options at the bottom. Click it and UPS will show up.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Never had a problem returning things through Kohl's.

Just walk in with the package and they scan the QR code on your phone and you're done in 10 seconds. You don't even have to print anything out.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post