SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Millennial Affinity Group
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennial Affinity Group Login/Join 
posted
My employer has "affinity groups" for various ethnic groups - Chinese, Japanese, Southeast Asian, South Asian (Indian), African American, Latin American, etc.

These are company sanctioned social groups that promote and educate about their various cultures. I have learned basic Chinese from that affinity group, and associated with the Southeast Asians because of family and personal relationships.

But a little while ago a "Millenial" affinity group arose, promoting their "creativity" and other BS.

Seriously? The most entitled and self-important generation of the last 100 years needs a special group to express how special they are.

My observation is simple: They roll in around 8:45, take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches, leave at 4, are perpetually late for meetings, and trumpet the "it's the work I do not the hours I keep" mantra.

Sorry, but no one is fooled when you are "working from home" on Friday afternoon after you leave at noon.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Don't insult them, or you'll never hear the end of it from their mothers.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard them referred to as the; Pampered, Privileged & Protected.

Posts: 267 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate that I'm (born '84) lumped in with this group...

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

My observation is simple: They roll in around 8:45, take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches, leave at 4, are perpetually late for meetings, and trumpet the "it's the work I do not the hours I keep" mantra.

I wonder how they feel after they've missed a few key 0730/0800 meetings...they can explain that to their new employer.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post