SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Twice now - carton tea
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twice now - carton tea Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Recently had two similar experiences regarding tea. Most recently, I went to an upscale Afghan restaurant to try the fare, looking for new things to try. The food is decent and interesting and tried some new stuff, or at least Afghan versions of stuff.

Anyway, I like to try 'indigenous' food and they had Afghan tea (chai) on the menu. A little pricey but sounded good.

They didn't brew it. Came out of a carton. Not what I expected given the price. Remember this is somewhat upscale too. Disappointing at best.

I hate when they do this. Say it's from a carton on the menu instead of suggesting it's fresh brewed. I expect that of espresso and coffee. I expect that of tea as well. Must one really ask at every restaurant whether the coffee and tea is fresh brewed or instant?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Did you complain? Most really upscale restaurant will take if off your tab when you call their BS.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Didn't complain. But I will be inquiring whether the tea is fresh brewed at all restaurants now.

I won't be going back to that restaurant. If they can't brew something as easy as tea, what other short cuts are they taking in the kitchen?

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I love it when they bring me a teabag and a metal container containing tepid water that'd be too cool for bathing. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I assume you ordered ice tea so they bring you something that's neither hot nor cold? Smile

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Still addicted to my adagio.com tea konata. Was a bit disappointed they were out of stock of my usual "sleeping dragon" so settles for gunpowder, its smeh compared to the latter.

One tea snob to another, I dont even bother drinking tea at restaurants anymore with the exception of 1 place in town.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. Will they stock again soon?

I actually limit my premium tea drinking now. It was getting way too expensive to drink as frequently as I had been. So I drink in 50 gram bursts (5 batches at time; 50 gram bags) then not drink for a few weeks.