SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You can't come into our office because COVID. We can only send you electronically send you the document.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You can't come into our office because COVID. We can only send you electronically send you the document. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
OK thanks

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
And in related news, when I called my doctor's office to ask to see the doctor, they inquired if I was sick. I replied that I felt badly, and wanted a doctor to evaluate me. My own doctor's office stated that they did not see sick people. So, I was not welcome there.

They suggested that I go to a related office, same practice, different location, that did see sick people. As long as they were not too sick.

So I had to see a stranger. He prescribed something that did not work. I don't know if my doctor would have prescribed something any better, but my goodness gracious, if you are in the medical profession are you not supposed to see sick people.

Call your doctors office back and ask to speak to the Doc's nurse. Don't discuss "why" with the receptionist or anyone else, just politely be firm that you need to speak to his/her nurse. The nurse may be busy, leave a voice mail, the nurse should call back.

Once you get her on the phone, ask her to get you into to see the Doc asap. If the nurse balks, ask her to tell the Doc that you need to be seen. This usually works, unless the Doc has given strict orders that he/she does not want to see patients in person.

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11813 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Rant continues:

My son was recently discharged from a hospital outside our health plan. In the old days we could have had him sign an authorization for release of records in the doctor’s office, and that would have been sent to the hospital where he had been admitted.
No more. I was told I needed to go to another “Communications” office about 15 miles away to sign the form.
Dutifully went there with my son...only to find the “Communications” office closed “due to Covid”.
AND...AND...they don’t answer their phone number either.
Fuck fuck fuckety fuck.
I think I finally worked around it.
But get this: neither doctor nor nurse at the office knew the uncommunicative “Communications” office was closed, nor that they would not answer the number.
I’ll bet they’re all getting paid to sit at home and watch TV.

Thanks, I feel better now.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My wife took our two youngest in for school physicals this week. Our family Dr., who we have used for years and who delivered all of our kids, came in, looked at her, and asked, "How are you feeling today?"

A little confused, since she was there for the kids, she asked, "Who, me?"

Doc said, "Yeah."

My wife responded that she felt fine. Doc was like, "Great, let's not wear masks!" took his off and said, "Ahh, now I can breath!"

The guy is awesome...he's gotta be in his late 60s or early 70s, flies his own home-built airplane, and rides a Vespa around town with a helmet and goggles. He's a true old-school midwestern family doc who will shoot you straight and not feed you the lawyer-friendly BS to cover his butt. My hipster Californian millenial SIL actually stopped going to him because he wouldn't go along with her social-media informed theories on pediatrics...which further endorsed my view of him. I love the guy...not sure what we're going to do when he retires.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
92fstech--Love the story!!

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ask them to FAX the documents to me, I'll scan them to .pdf files, transfer them on to 3.5" floppies and USPS them to you.

Telegraph is in for repair; hard to get parts.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Ask them to FAX the documents to me, I'll scan them to .pdf files, transfer them on to 3.5" floppies and USPS them to you.

I only accept smoke signals.

Is that Hippa approved?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that Hippa approved?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nope. But Jungle Drums are OK.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Just the fax, ma'am

I have had to send documents by fax as recently as 2013.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Is that Hippa approved?

Not practical. All the city and forest fires would be stepping all over the frequency.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post