SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    McDonalds Grand Mac... isn't
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
McDonalds Grand Mac... isn't Login/Join 
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Haven't eaten there in 15-20 years. No plans to go now. What they serve cannot be called food.

Same here. I normally visit the local mom and pop restaurants in my area. If I'm away from home I look for some locally owned place.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I dominated this Grand Mac a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. It's much bigger than the original Big Mac IMO.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I practically snort big macs.

The original is well proportioned.

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Protein anchor:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
For a fast burger, make mine a Whataburger.

The Grand Mac, even if not grand, is still an awful lot of food for one meal.

Ever try a triple Whataburger?

Whataburger is one of the things I honestly do miss from when I left El Paso in '98. I wish their chain would expand a bit further.

Posts: 17102 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Hilarious^^^

I love McDonalds. Great grilled chicken sandwiches, the Parmesian chicken is A+. I like Big Macs, Fish Sandwiches, Egg McMuffins and the french fries too.

When I was 14 years old it was my first real job. Maybe 1969 or so. Within months I was opening the store solo. We didn't have breakfasts so I'd get to work at 10 am, having jiggled my class hours so I could work till 1pm and then go back to school. After I'd filtered the fry grease and fired up the grill to clean it, I'd cook up a triple burger with extra everything. They didn't have lettuce or Tomatoes then. I was working there when the big mac was introduced. If I remember correctly, the price was a huge $.45 cents. A regular hamburger was .15cents, fries .12/cents, and a coke was a dime. Later they introduced the "Large" coke. It was 16 ounces, which is the size of today's small. After having requested a Saturday off in advance, request being denied, I took the day off anyway to go swimming with my buddies, the manager called my home and my brother told him where I was. Thus ended my McDonalds career. Got a job at Baskin and Robbins that paid more and was 1/2 the work.

That's all I have.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Report This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I don't do fast food of any kind, especially McDonalds, I started calling it MacGag when the kids were younger and they still call it that today.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Just to see what it was like I tried a Grand Mac shortly after they came out.

It wasn't bad, just a bigger Big Mac. Unlike the four patty Big Mac that they serve overseas, it still had the ratio that makes the Big Mac work. But I think it was overpriced for what I got.

As far as the quality, McDonands is McDonalds. They make some stuff that is fairly good. Sure it isn't gourmet, but for the $3-4 bucks (I typically only get their regular cheese burgers) that they get out of me it isn't a bad deal.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
You subjected yourself to what McDonalds calls food. This one is all on you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to McDonald's in a long time. It's just not the same as it used to be. Back in the "good ol' days(Damn I'm old) the fries were fresh, not frozen, and they were great. Not anymore. The buns on the burgers are not the same, I guess to make them last longer, and anything else there I don't care about. Wendys has lost their way too, and the prices are insane. BK went bad a long time ago, the fish sandwich is ok, if I'm desperate. Most of the time, I go to Arby's, the roast beef is good, the potato cakes are the same as forever, and the fish sandwich is really good. Why it's not on the menu year round is a total mystery to me. Arby's and Five Guys are about the only fast food places I go to, except for my every couple of months needing a massive dose of salt and grease, and then I will hit Long John Silver's.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
Back in the "good ol' days(Damn I'm old) the fries were fresh, not frozen, and they were great. Not anymore.

If they were crispy exterior with a creamy interior then I guarantee that they were frozen. They might have been cut fresh in the restaurant, but to get that classic burger joint fries texture you have to freeze them after giving them a brief cooking (a quick par boil or frying).

That is why In n Out's fries suck, they just chop the potatoes and fry them fresh.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
the news ( real or fake) claims the Mickey D's posted losses for four years straight,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
the news ( real or fake) claims the Mickey D's posted losses for four years straight,

That seemed unlikely so I looked it up, which is easy to do with publicly traded corporations like McDonalds. The 2016 report isn't out yet. But here is the important part from the 2015 earnings report.

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
I haven't been to McDonald's in a long time. It's just not the same as it used to be. Back in the "good ol' days(Damn I'm old) the fries were fresh, not frozen, and they were great. Not anymore. The buns on the burgers are not the same, I guess to make them last longer, and anything else there I don't care about. Wendys has lost their way too, and the prices are insane. BK went bad a long time ago, the fish sandwich is ok, if I'm desperate. Most of the time, I go to Arby's, the roast beef is good, the potato cakes are the same as forever, and the fish sandwich is really good. Why it's not on the menu year round is a total mystery to me. Arby's and Five Guys are about the only fast food places I go to, except for my every couple of months needing a massive dose of salt and grease, and then I will hit Long John Silver's.

Back in the old days, beef fat was added to the oil in the french fry vat.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No shit. If I may, Sherlock. It's freakin' McDonalds. They dio good coffee. All else is shit.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
McDonalds is to food what the Hindenburg was to aircraft.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys crack me up.

McDonalds isn't THAT bad as you seem to make it. Is it 5 Guys or Shake Shack good? No, but then again they aren't trying to be those places and you can get a meal for 5 bucks. Try that at 5 Guys or Shake Shack where it's $12-15 now to eat there.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Some of you guys crack me up.

McDonalds isn't THAT bad as you seem to make it. Is it 5 Guys or Shake Shack good? No, but then again they aren't trying to be those places and you can get a meal for 5 bucks. Try that at 5 Guys or Shake Shack where it's $12-15 now to eat there.

I really don't know how bad they are but I do know how bad they were when I stopped eating at Ptomain Central.
I am also very careful to not buy food thinking, "OK......now who is the cheapest?"
Cheap guns and cheap food will kill you.
I am way too good looking to die...... Razz

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I rarely eat at mcds, but when I do, I actually enjoy a big Mac. I was there with the kids this past week, and saw the picture of the Grand Mac on the menu board. Like the OP I thought it would come with quarter-pounder patties. I was disappointed. I'll stick to the regular Big Mac.

Posts: 8532 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post