SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    UPS / USPS Mail "Innovations" service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS / USPS Mail "Innovations" service Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
I have come to the conclusion that it's the only mail service that can actually slow down the space time continuum.

I imagine there are former USPS workers paid to slow down packages that move too quickly, sending them back to their previous location for "processing".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
INNOVATIONS , what an approrpriate title. Innovation for the USPS would be actually delivering the mail to the correct address within the alloted time frame.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Booo!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What really pisses me off are the vendors whose websites describe it or FEDEX's equivalent unholy USPS alliance as their regular service. It's not until you receive the tracking e-mail that realize that you've been duped. There are several online vendors I quit using due to this.

The worst was when I lived in Anchorage which is the 10th busiest airport in US largely due to UPS and FEDEX using it as a hub for Asia. Instead of dumping the package off on USPS in Anchorage (neighbor at airport), the rectal warts would drop it off at USPS in Washington state. If you paid for 2 day, they'd dump it off at USPS in Washington state on day 2 and it'd be another 3 to 5 business days for delivery.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We have some of these joint UPS/USPS deliveries come in on the UPS truck, addressed to the Wickenburg Post Office, to be delivered by them to me. The UPS driver just leaves it at our house, rather than going 3 miles off his route to the local PO. This results in a quicker delivery by 2 days. Smile The ones that get transferred to USPS down in PHX take the usual amount of extra time to get here.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LRS2
posted Hide Post
And if you log in to the UPS website to track it, you can - for a "small fee" of five bucks - choose to have it delivered by UPS instead of the USPS. They've got you in a stranglehold either way.

quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

We have some of these joint UPS/USPS deliveries come in on the UPS truck, addressed to the Wickenburg Post Office, to be delivered by them to me. The UPS driver just leaves it at our house, rather than going 3 miles off his route to the local PO. This results in a quicker delivery by 2 days. Smile The ones that get transferred to USPS down in PHX take the usual amount of extra time to get here.

Posts: 43 | Location: KY | Registered: April 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Like FedEx Smart Ship, it sucks.

Both add a day when shipping to me.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got stuck with the surepost ups/usps crap when it first came out. I ordered pet medication, ups got it to a post office 5 miles from me in 3 days...….9 more days go by and I still didn't get it so I called the company and complained.....they sent another shipment 2 day ups and I got it in 2 days...….5 days later the original shipment shows up.....unbelievable.....it took 14 days for the USPS to get it 5 miles to my house.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just UPS shipping in general is really starting to torque me off lately.

I placed an order the other day and the company I ordered from decided to break the shipment up into 3 separate packages and have 1 of them require a signature. I'm thinking great, I'm not going to be around all day because I am tied up in meetings and my neighbors can't seem to be bothered to receive and sign for packages. Nice neighbors.

I'm thinking there has to be a way to get this package delivered without me there since the driver will already be dropping off 2 other packages from the same place. A quick google search later reveals that you can signup for a free service called UPS My Choice which allows you to pre-sign online for deliveries requiring a signature.

I sign up for an account, type in the tracking number to pre-sign and... NOPE. Appears you can't do that until after they've attempted the delivery and left a slip with a different number to reference.

I'm now thinking, hell my stuff comes through a small hub, I'll just call them, tell them I'm good with them leaving the package with the other 2 and I'm good to go.... NOPE. Person answering the call says that when a shipper sends a package requiring a signature the driver can only leave the package with an actual person that signs for it and if I can't be there to accept the package and sign for it or change the shipment to somewhere where there is someone available I'll have to put a hold on it and pick it up at a distribution center or they will ship it back to the sender.

WTF????

As much as I despise FedEx I can at least download a form for a shipment, sign it and leave it for the driver and leave the package.

Guess I'll be spending my lunch hour today calling the main UPS number to see what can be done so I don't have to drive 100 miles round trip to get my package.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post