SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bicycles, buses, traffic lights and crosswalks (security images)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bicycles, buses, traffic lights and crosswalks (security images) Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I don't know who designs these security image checks where you pick a square if it contains the specified image, but I am pretty sure attention to detail and accuracy are not job requirements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I agree. Two types I've seen:

After you log on with your password, then you have to select your security picture. As if what? I don't have to write that down someplace? Now, I have to write down the picture description.

The other kind is "Select all images with a crosswalk." well, f*ck. Now, I'm doing a puzzle instead and, damn, if i haven't missed one or two several times.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I've had to do those 3, 4, 5 times because, DAMMIT, THE LINE FOR THE CROSSWALK ***DOES*** EXTEND INTO THAT SQUARE!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Basically, you're helping to train AI to recognize objects in images. Same thing with word type captchas. You're training AI to recognize words.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post

I don’t know why it won’t accept this, it says “Check all boxes that contain a dishwasher”

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You missed her left hand.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really sucks on a cell phone.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
LOL!!!

Washing dishes sucks. That's why I have a dog.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post