SIGforum
Bicycles, buses, traffic lights and crosswalks (security images)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7600071074

May 14, 2020, 12:39 PM
Oz_Shadow
Bicycles, buses, traffic lights and crosswalks (security images)
I don't know who designs these security image checks where you pick a square if it contains the specified image, but I am pretty sure attention to detail and accuracy are not job requirements.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,
May 14, 2020, 12:59 PM
Rey HRH
I agree. Two types I've seen:

After you log on with your password, then you have to select your security picture. As if what? I don't have to write that down someplace? Now, I have to write down the picture description.

The other kind is "Select all images with a crosswalk." well, f*ck. Now, I'm doing a puzzle instead and, damn, if i haven't missed one or two several times.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 14, 2020, 04:04 PM
IntrepidTraveler
I've had to do those 3, 4, 5 times because, DAMMIT, THE LINE FOR THE CROSSWALK ***DOES*** EXTEND INTO THAT SQUARE!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
May 14, 2020, 04:33 PM
Orguss
Basically, you're helping to train AI to recognize objects in images. Same thing with word type captchas. You're training AI to recognize words.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
May 14, 2020, 05:48 PM
hudr

I don’t know why it won’t accept this, it says “Check all boxes that contain a dishwasher”
May 14, 2020, 05:53 PM
whanson_wi
You missed her left hand.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
May 29, 2020, 09:16 PM
Fredward
Really sucks on a cell phone.
May 29, 2020, 09:23 PM
Hamden106
LOL!!!

Washing dishes sucks. That's why I have a dog.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished