SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm No Plumber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm No Plumber Login/Join 
posted
Over the years I've owned a number of houses and been fairly successful at many home repairs, including most minor plumbing projects. Today I solved a month long problem with my toilet by removing the fill valve and adjusting the height, as I have done probably 100 times. I forgot on the install this time. No problem except.....my wife figured it out. She still teases me about our first date-in 1979. I will be cremated long before I hear the end of this.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Know your feeling!!!!!

Mrs. Elk seems to take great delight in reminding me of all the things I forget.

Has not yet occurred to her that some of those forgotten things I just do not want to discuss or do.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys must be newly weds. My bride only remembers the bad things that happened between us. She has never remembered to fix anything around here !

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we were recently married. 1979 was just yesterday.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
My wife says "its not brain science" all the time.
Normally I just look at her and shake my head. Long past the rocket science/brain surgery discussion. Yesterday, I was reading my Scientific American MIND issue. Didn't notice the front, wasn't paying attention. She grabs it out of my hand, and closes it, and stands there smiling showing me the cover. Brain Science was there on the front. She says"you know what this means?" I say I can't wait to know, and she says "it means I'm right" then holds the magazine out and drops it on the floor. She actually did a mic drop with it.

Shit, how do you argue with that.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had our first date in a dark, romantic restaurant.

I had fish and accidentally ate a piece of lemon.

To this day, when I eat fish, I get "Don't eat the lemon, you remember?"

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG, Ulster. Our first date was Valentines Day 1979, in Giessen, Germany, with 4 friends. The morons had no D-Marks. I had 100, she had to go our "bail." I still hear about it. It was freakin'1979. Had it not been for the purple tube top-never mind.