SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Conceal and carry"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Conceal and carry" Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The type of person that utilizes this type of grammatical oddity is probably the exact person that needs some formal training before "concealing and carrying".

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Just listened to Gun Talk with Tom Gresham from last week. There was a paid ad from Crossbreed holsters, and they used the phrase "conceal and carry" at the end of the ad.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
Yeah.....the phrase is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I always think to myself, " You can't carry anything until you get the damn terminology right".

NRA LIFE MEMBER
ISRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It should at least be "carry and conceal," because to conceal, first you must carry.

Posts: 2474 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post