SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Walking with umbrellas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Walking with umbrellas Login/Join 
Member
Picture of konata88
posted
I wear hats when it rains for several reasons. They work for me.

I understand that some prefer umbrellas even on crowded sidewalks. It makes it harder to navigate in general but to each there own as long as you keep the prongs out of my face.

What I really hate are people that walk around dry areas inside or when it’s not raining with tips waving every which way. Is it that fucking hard to keep tips pointed down or in some safe direction? Morons.




"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B.Franklin
"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
 
Posts: 6767 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
What I really hate are people that walk around dry areas inside or when it’s not raining with tips waving every which way. Is it that fucking hard to keep tips pointed down or in some safe direction? Morons.

There are other reasons than rain to carry an umbrella Razz

https://unbreakableumbrella.com/




No, Daoism isn't a religion



 
Posts: 13028 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Many years ago my mother used an umbrella to fend off a mugger! She first hit him over the head, and when he was stunned by that she stabbed at his collarbone neck area! His girl partner did get her purse while she was distracted by the attacker. The investigating cop said they found a fair amount of blood on her umbrella tip! As far as we know nobody was ever found and charged. Her purse minus the cash was found in the parking lot the next day in the daylight. The woman cop said my mother did good, but a little higher in the throat area would have been perfect!


Jim
 
Posts: 702 | Location: Hot Springs S.D. | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Live in a big, crowded, sometimes rainy city, and you learn the fine art of umbrella jousting.
 
Posts: 17351 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Live in a big, crowded, sometimes rainy city, and you learn the fine art of umbrella jousting.

I have qualified for that certification




No, Daoism isn't a religion



 
Posts: 13028 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
What I really hate are people that walk around dry areas inside or when it’s not raining with tips waving every which way. Is it that fucking hard to keep tips pointed down or in some safe direction? Morons.

There are other reasons than rain to carry an umbrella Razz

https://unbreakableumbrella.com/

It seemed to be effective for John Steed.... Wink


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
 
Posts: 2885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Walking with umbrellas

© SIGforum 2017