SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ? Login/Join 
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Bad parking drives me crazy and I see it everywhere. I don't know how many times I've seen some idiot turn into two spaces, get out and go about their business completely unaware of how they just parked.

Yup. I've been known to park, get out, start walking to the store, look back and notice that the truck/car is inside the lines, but not square with the world.

I'll go back, restart the vehicle and square it up in it's spot. Same goes for moving it ahead another 6 inches if I think it needs it.

Drives the wife batshit. I tell her if I don't do it right, I can't bitch about other people's sloppy parking, and we can't have that!

I like the way are thinking on this one

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
but on occasion ,
aren't there a few of you who wish they had a 1979 f-250 super cab ,beater p.o.s. with
5 strands of barb wire tack welded to both sides and 5 kinds and colors of paint and
6 inch diam. steel dual tube bumpers,

so that when you see someone parked way over the line,
you could pull in 3/4 of an inch from their drivers side door ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Bendable: Feller I drove dump truck for has 3 or 4 beat-to-shit, barely driveable, 10 wheel International plow trucks. Not so much a truck as a whole pile of truck parts traveling in formation.

More than once, I've wanted to borrow one of them and go for a little ride on a Driver's Ed mission, if you get my drift...

My Tundra is a Double Cab Short Bed, so roughly the length of a regular truck. In most store parking lots, it's a tight fit both width and lengthwise due to them trying to cram 500 spaces into a 400 space lot. Dipshits must think everybody drives a Pious. Even with the front bumper hanging over the line, the hitch ball tends to stick out into traffic a little.

If I happen to be hauling a trailer when I stop by the grocery store for a loaf of milk and a gallon of bread, I'll park WAAAAAAAAAAAY the hell out in the boonies and take two spaces just to stay out of the travel lanes.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
We've got a dodge ram with long bed which is sort of a communal vehicle for my immediate family. Whoever needs it grabs it whenever they want.

When I use it, I park just like that guy did, taking two parking spots. The only difference is I park it at the far end of the parking lot without another vehicle withing a 100 feet or more.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ?

A Tundra with the four-door cab and a 6.5-foot (or whatever it is) bed is quite long. If its nose were not over the line, would its tail be sticking out in the traffic lane?

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also in the group with a long truck (four door cab and 8' bed) who get to choose between pulling forward excessively into the next spot to stay out of the traffic lane or keep the front where it should go and have the back sticking out into the lane.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There's a page on Facebook called "Nice Park Job, Helen Keller". All kinds of sweet park jobs like that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
The type of people who park like this inconsiderately are usually in the spots towards the front of the lot, and often saved me looking for a spot when I was riding the motorcycle. We can still fit 2 or 3 bikes in the residual space.

But, they're still a-holes

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Report This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:A valve stem core remover works great for just such an occasion...

As far as I know, bad parking in a store lot is not a crime, but vandalizing another person's property is. It is also a fine way to get into an altercation.

Letting air out of a persons tires, without actually damaging anything, is actually legal in many states. Legal in the sense that nothing was damaged and there is no law on the books that says its illegal. Although an officer might be able to articulate disorderly conduct or some other catch all statute in some states if they wanted to.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Letting air out of a persons tires, without actually damaging anything, is actually legal in many states. Legal in the sense that nothing was damaged and there is no law on the books that says its illegal. Although an officer might be able to articulate disorderly conduct or some other catch all statute in some states if they wanted to.
Are you saying that it is not against any law for some shithead to mess with another person's vehicle? Would it be against the law for the vehicle owner to lay a Louisville Slugger upside the shithead's noggin?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:A valve stem core remover works great for just such an occasion...

As far as I know, bad parking in a store lot is not a crime, but vandalizing another person's property is. It is also a fine way to get into an altercation.

If you remove the stem core - you've taken his property... not just let the air out.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
In Missouri:

quote:
Tampering in the second degree--penalties.
569.090. 1. A person commits the offense of tampering in the second degree if he or she:

(1) Tampers with property of another for the purpose of causing substantial inconvenience to that person or to another; or

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Everybody just calm down. Roll Eyes I'm sure that wasn't meant seriously.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
If you remove the stem core - you've taken his property... not just let the air out.
OK, that made me think. Once the air is in his tires, isn't it (the air) his property? If so, it would be theft to let the air out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove a super cab long bed F-250 for 12 years,
Never , ever parked where it would cause inconvenience for another shopper.

Ever !

this female was 2 spaces away from the front door.

there are almost always other options

no , she wasn't felony inconsiderate ,

but lord help her paint job when Joe "the butt hole" Badass, has to park next to her.

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Are you saying that it is not against any law for some shithead to mess with another person's vehicle?

Since you live in Florida, as do I, please find an arrestable offense in Florida law for letting air out of a persons tires. Its inconveniencing someone, but not actually damaging anything, to let air out of someones tires.

Yes its a dick move, but I'm pretty sure its legal in many states to let air out of a persons tires. The cops can search the law books and try to find an offense, but they usually come up short.

The Missouri statute listed above is a good one, but you wont find a similar law in a lot of states.

quote:
Would it be against the law for the vehicle owner to lay a Louisville Slugger upside the shithead's noggin?

Aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, or murder, depending on your intent and how bad the guy is hurt.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In Arkansas, it might qualify as Harassment (a Class A Misdemeanor), with the statute reading, in part:

quote:
[W]ith purpose to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, without good cause, he or she... Engages in conduct or repeatedly commits an act that alarms or seriously annoys another person and that serves no legitimate purpose

One could argue that letting the air out of someone's tire was engaging in conduct with a purpose to cause annoyance, and that it actually did cause serious annoyance, with no legitimate reason.

But I don't know how many prosecutors would run with that, unless it occurred repeatedly. (Like you're in the midst of a feud with your neighbor and harass them by letting the air out their tire every night, or somesuch.)

I've never personally run across such a situation, where someone was wanting to press charges for having the air let out of their tire.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Are you saying that it is not against any law for some shithead to mess with another person's vehicle?

Since you live in Florida, as do I, please find an arrestable offense in Florida law for letting air out of a persons tires. Its inconveniencing someone, but not actually damaging anything, to let air out of someones tires.

Yes its a dick move, but I'm pretty sure its legal in many states to let air out of a persons tires. The cops can search the law books and try to find an offense, but they usually come up short.

The Missouri statute listed above is a good one, but you wont find a similar law in a lot of states.

quote:
Would it be against the law for the vehicle owner to lay a Louisville Slugger upside the shithead's noggin?

Aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, or murder, depending on your intent and how bad the guy is hurt.

I'm going to go with illegal in every state. If nothing else, you are creating a potential safety hazard to the owner of the vehicle. What if there is a medical emergency, and a person found their tires flat? I'm rather sure there is a statue covering tampering with another person's property in all fifty states.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i am going to go with Let's all pretend to like one another

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Bad parking drives me crazy and I see it everywhere. I don't know how many times I've seen some idiot turn into two spaces, get out and go about their business completely unaware of how they just parked.

Yup. I've been known to park, get out, start walking to the store, look back and notice that the truck/car is inside the lines, but not square with the world.

I'll go back, restart the vehicle and square it up in it's spot. Same goes for moving it ahead another 6 inches if I think it needs it.

Drives the wife batshit. I tell her if I don't do it right, I can't bitch about other people's sloppy parking, and we can't have that!

I thought I was the only one.

Apparently there are a number of us.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post