SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ? Login/Join 
posted
with every luxury gadget , knob dial and gizmo available.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Don't blame the truck.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
How long was the bed?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Is that yer Buick in front of it?

Drivers seat is pushed forward and up,
female driver that can't see the front of the
truck perhaps. (gonna get slapped for that)

Posts: 23402 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad parking drives me crazy and I see it everywhere. I don't know how many times I've seen some idiot turn into two spaces, get out and go about their business completely unaware of how they just parked.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3526 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Bad parking drives me crazy and I see it everywhere. I don't know how many times I've seen some idiot turn into two spaces, get out and go about their business completely unaware of how they just parked.

Yup. I've been known to park, get out, start walking to the store, look back and notice that the truck/car is inside the lines, but not square with the world.

I'll go back, restart the vehicle and square it up in it's spot. Same goes for moving it ahead another 6 inches if I think it needs it.

Drives the wife batshit. I tell her if I don't do it right, I can't bitch about other people's sloppy parking, and we can't have that!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That Ford in the background looks worse. .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

Yup. I've been known to park, get out, start walking to the store, look back and notice that the truck/car is inside the lines, but not square with the world.

I'll go back, restart the vehicle and square it up in it's spot. Same goes for moving it ahead another 6 inches if I think it needs it.

Drives the wife batshit. I tell her if I don't do it right, I can't bitch about other people's sloppy parking, and we can't have that!

I thought I was the only one.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
How long was the bed?

I drive an Extended cab, 8ft bed 1500. I park out if it's remotely tight so I can do that in the back of the lot.

Or in some situations I'll park janky as hell so I'm not sticking way the heck into the aisle... them someone parks 3" away and I have NO swing to try and get out, bastards.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Report This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

this guy parked right next to me today. I was in the now-empty spot in the picture. He was about 4" from my door to his door. The guy on the left of him pulled into that spot as I was leaving, so I know the highlander didn't pull in there because he didn't have room. I had to go through the passenger side door to get into my driver's seat.

I thought about leaving a note, but I refrained, snapped a pic in case he wanted to complain or point blame later (there was some white paint on the passenger side of his car, but it wasn't from my car) and left.

I really hate parking lots.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
this guy parked right next to me today. I was in the now-empty spot in the picture. He was about 4" from my door to his door

I've never actually knifed a tire, but that one would leave me thinking about it.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I usually take 4 spaces to park, but I also stay out away from the spaces that are in demand.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I consider those motorcycle spaces. Haven't had a complaint yet. Big Grin

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
this guy parked right next to me today. I was in the now-empty spot in the picture. He was about 4" from my door to his door

I've never actually knifed a tire, but that one would leave me thinking about it.....

A valve stem core remover works great for just such an occasion...

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Bad parking story, but with a twist. A couple of weeks ago at a supermarket I saw a Honda Element parked diagonally across two spaces and partly into a third. "What a douche!" I thought. It did have a permanent disability license plate. Coming out of the store I happened to see the driver, with a store employee helping to load the car. He had no legs. Eek I felt a little bit bad, but only a little. Although the high school football stadium across the street was having a game and there was some overflow in the store's lot, there were handicapped spaces available.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:A valve stem core remover works great for just such an occasion...

tp

As far as I know, bad parking in a store lot is not a crime, but vandalizing another person's property is. It is also a fine way to get into an altercation.

When I drive my long box/extended cab to the store, there is no way to not encroach on either a second parking space or the driving lane due to length. Obviously, I don't block the driving lane. OTOH: Knowing this, I will make it a point to park FAR away.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
For the win!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
How long was the bed?

6 ft, or five what ever they make that is not 8.

Is that yer Buick in front of it? Big Grin
you, young man, should be a double naught spy Big Grin

5 ft 4 in, 45/50 something she devil.

the ford p/u in the background was not in a parking space , he was delivering mum's to the Fareway grocery.

beautiful truck, I would never consider damaging another vehicle.

I wish she would have come out while I was taking a picture , I could have made her semi famous

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Well then, was she hawt?

(Someone was bound to ask...beat ya to it!)

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post