SIGforum
Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7580096034

September 22, 2017, 01:46 PM
bendable
Is this your brand spanking new , shiny Toyota pick up ?
with every luxury gadget , knob dial and gizmo available.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 22, 2017, 02:14 PM
GaryBF
Don't blame the truck.
September 22, 2017, 02:31 PM
Nismo
How long was the bed?
September 22, 2017, 02:41 PM
HRK
Is that yer Buick in front of it?

Drivers seat is pushed forward and up,
female driver that can't see the front of the
truck perhaps. (gonna get slapped for that)
September 22, 2017, 03:23 PM
sigspecops
Bad parking drives me crazy and I see it everywhere. I don't know how many times I've seen some idiot turn into two spaces, get out and go about their business completely unaware of how they just parked.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
September 22, 2017, 04:11 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Bad parking drives me crazy and I see it everywhere. I don't know how many times I've seen some idiot turn into two spaces, get out and go about their business completely unaware of how they just parked.

Yup. I've been known to park, get out, start walking to the store, look back and notice that the truck/car is inside the lines, but not square with the world.

I'll go back, restart the vehicle and square it up in it's spot. Same goes for moving it ahead another 6 inches if I think it needs it.

Drives the wife batshit. I tell her if I don't do it right, I can't bitch about other people's sloppy parking, and we can't have that!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
September 22, 2017, 06:56 PM
Hound Dog
That Ford in the background looks worse. .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
September 22, 2017, 07:17 PM
mutedblade
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

Yup. I've been known to park, get out, start walking to the store, look back and notice that the truck/car is inside the lines, but not square with the world.

I'll go back, restart the vehicle and square it up in it's spot. Same goes for moving it ahead another 6 inches if I think it needs it.

Drives the wife batshit. I tell her if I don't do it right, I can't bitch about other people's sloppy parking, and we can't have that!

I thought I was the only one.

September 22, 2017, 07:19 PM
Rustpot
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
How long was the bed?

I drive an Extended cab, 8ft bed 1500. I park out if it's remotely tight so I can do that in the back of the lot.

Or in some situations I'll park janky as hell so I'm not sticking way the heck into the aisle... them someone parks 3" away and I have NO swing to try and get out, bastards.
September 22, 2017, 07:40 PM
PorterN

this guy parked right next to me today. I was in the now-empty spot in the picture. He was about 4" from my door to his door. The guy on the left of him pulled into that spot as I was leaving, so I know the highlander didn't pull in there because he didn't have room. I had to go through the passenger side door to get into my driver's seat.

I thought about leaving a note, but I refrained, snapped a pic in case he wanted to complain or point blame later (there was some white paint on the passenger side of his car, but it wasn't from my car) and left.

I really hate parking lots.

September 22, 2017, 08:01 PM
Georgeair
quote:
this guy parked right next to me today. I was in the now-empty spot in the picture. He was about 4" from my door to his door

I've never actually knifed a tire, but that one would leave me thinking about it.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

September 22, 2017, 08:12 PM
a1abdj
I usually take 4 spaces to park, but I also stay out away from the spaces that are in demand.

www.zykansafe.com
September 23, 2017, 01:03 AM
P210
I consider those motorcycle spaces. Haven't had a complaint yet. Big Grin
September 23, 2017, 01:15 AM
g4tx
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
this guy parked right next to me today. I was in the now-empty spot in the picture. He was about 4" from my door to his door

I've never actually knifed a tire, but that one would leave me thinking about it.....

A valve stem core remover works great for just such an occasion...

tp
September 23, 2017, 04:45 AM
egregore
Bad parking story, but with a twist. A couple of weeks ago at a supermarket I saw a Honda Element parked diagonally across two spaces and partly into a third. "What a douche!" I thought. It did have a permanent disability license plate. Coming out of the store I happened to see the driver, with a store employee helping to load the car. He had no legs. Eek I felt a little bit bad, but only a little. Although the high school football stadium across the street was having a game and there was some overflow in the store's lot, there were handicapped spaces available.
September 23, 2017, 07:04 AM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:A valve stem core remover works great for just such an occasion...

tp

As far as I know, bad parking in a store lot is not a crime, but vandalizing another person's property is. It is also a fine way to get into an altercation.

When I drive my long box/extended cab to the store, there is no way to not encroach on either a second parking space or the driving lane due to length. Obviously, I don't block the driving lane. OTOH: Knowing this, I will make it a point to park FAR away.
September 23, 2017, 08:07 AM
parabellum

September 23, 2017, 11:00 AM
bronicabill
^^^^^^^
For the win!!! Big Grin

September 23, 2017, 12:10 PM
bendable
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
How long was the bed?

6 ft, or five what ever they make that is not 8.

Is that yer Buick in front of it? Big Grin
you, young man, should be a double naught spy Big Grin

5 ft 4 in, 45/50 something she devil.

the ford p/u in the background was not in a parking space , he was delivering mum's to the Fareway grocery.

beautiful truck, I would never consider damaging another vehicle.

I wish she would have come out while I was taking a picture , I could have made her semi famous

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 23, 2017, 12:28 PM
MooneyP226
Well then, was she hawt?

(Someone was bound to ask...beat ya to it!)

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad