SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Claussen Pickle Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Claussen Pickle Shortage Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Now you have me craving them, if I posted a pic of myself eating them would you get mad?
Depends. Are you planning to share them?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Went to Publix, grabbed a pre made Cuban sammich. Looked for Claussen pickles on the way to check out, nothing, empty shelf Frown

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I found a useless product locator for you

http://origin-new.kraftrecipes.../productlocator.aspx

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Si, product locator is useless.

Does not show the garlic pickles as a choice.

Publix is the only store that I know of that carries this product, and they have been out of stock for weeks in my Area of Operation (zip codes 32703, 32712, 32714), but the guy who was stocking the shelf in the pickle area the other day said that they should be in "real soon."

Pickle Rick has not checked in yet to contribute his knowledge to this thread.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with Mt Olive pickles?
I must be missing out....

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Claussen? V-Tail, are you sure you're Jewish? Razz You want pickles from a deli. Otherwise, Ba-Tampte or Bubbe's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Wal-Mart grocery store had them yesterday, no Hearty Garlic, but the regular, even had the mega jug o pickles from Claussen.
I have never seen the garlic flavor (my favorite) in Walmart. Publix normally carries them, both in whole pickle, and in sandwich slices, but Publix has not had them in stock for a few weeks. Grocery guy tells me that they should be in "real soon."

True enough, and like you said, garlic has been few and far between, occasionally they turn up and like you I prefer them. The wife prefers the non garlic versions which is odd being Italian and has the Costco Garlic jar in the fridge that she uses to cook everything with...

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
What's wrong with Mt Olive pickles?
I must be missing out....

Most pickles are heated/boiled at the factory, and then transported, stored, and displayed in varying temps, from room temp all the way up to the hot interior of transport containers. This causes them to be mushy and rubbery.

Claussen pickles are never heated during production, and are always kept refrigerated, even during transport, storage, and final display. Therefore they're extremely crisp and crunchy.

It makes a noticeable difference.

(Their sauerkraut, produced in a similar "always cold" manner, is also excellent.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I will say that several of the pickles we've bought from Claussens lately have had the rubbery consistency, they were not snappy crisp pickles we expected.

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Claussen? V-Tail, are you sure you're Jewish? Razz You want pickles from a deli. Otherwise, Ba-Tampte or Bubbe's.
  • This ain't Brooklyn, where I was born. No decent deli around here, ever since Ronny's in downtown Orlando closed, many years ago. They used to have a mini barrel of pickles on each table.

• We have tasted both, we just don't like the Ba-Tampte as well as the Claussen. The goyim definitely do get some things right.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I was in several stores today looking for other items and no Claussen in any of them.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding Claussen pickles to the shopping list along with more Goya products. Always bought Mt. Olive, as they were the big buyer at the hometown cucumber market back in the day; but they are a bit mushy.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

The goyim definitely do get some things right.

Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
man. now i’m paranoid. i’m gonna go to the store tomorrow and buy a dozen jars.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't trust Target online stock. Meijer either. Was just at Target today to get grape nut flakes. They showed in stock. Not even a shelf space for them.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

Can't trust Target online stock. Meijer either. Was just at Target today to get grape nut flakes. They showed in stock. Not even a shelf space for them.
If Target's goal is to be worse than Walmart, they have succeeded. At least in Walmart, you know which door to go through if you have to pee.

The Walmart app on a smartphone will let you search for an item, tell you whether it is in stock at a particular store, and tell you what aisle the product is on. I have found that it is usually accurate.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The pickle shortage is odd indeed. I can’t imagine that folks are hoarding them to any great degree. Something hosed in the supply chain, I think.

I’ve become a fan of Pernicious Pickling Co. Garlic Dills. Spicy, with a small red pepper and LOTS of garlic pieces in the jar. And very crisp, despite not being in the refrigerated section. But my store has been out of them for weeks.

www.perniciouspickling.com/

www.perniciouspickling.com/ind...classic-with-a-punch

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

I’ve become a fan of Pernicious Pickling Co. Garlic Dills. Spicy, with a small red pepper and LOTS of garlic pieces in the jar. And very crisp, despite not being in the refrigerated section. But my store has been out of them for weeks.
I looked at the website that you linked, thinking that I might give them a try, but a couple of negatives:
  • The sour garlic variety, which would be my first choice, is showing as "sold out."

• I looked at a different variety, same size jar (16 oz.) and same price ($9.99). That is four times as much as Claussen (when they are in stock), before shipping, which is an additional ten bucks, making these 800% the cost of Claussen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was curious so I checked my favorite local store. None.

The pickle trickle is real, none here either.

There were fewer choices of even the other brands, which are less desireable, so there’s no point in being fickle.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sams had Claussens a few weeks back. Worth a try. Toilet paper shortage was bad enough, now Claussen pickles.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post