SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Claussen Pickle Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Claussen Pickle Shortage Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Publix has been out of Claussen pickles for a while, and they are not able to tell me when they will be re-stocked. This is a serious situation and requires immediate attention.

I am experiencing significant withdrawal symptoms. I might have to call 911.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A crisis, indeed. Claussen are the only pickles worth buying. Everyone else's are just soggy.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, all the Karen's in Central FL beat you to them!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're in a pickle, aren't you?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two and a half very chilly jars in the frigerator,

Do you want me to see what it would cost to ship them
In a strofoam chest w/
3 lbs. of dry ice ?

I am thinking:
$3.00 for pickles
$42.75 for s&h and Ins.
Fed tax, state tax , lot fee, LIC. / Registration,
finders fee , transfer fee,
under coating and prep.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you have the Kosher variety?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
V Tail. I believe you shop at Public, yes? Check and see if they have Grillo's dill pickles. I buy them when I'm in N. Fla. and they are excellent!

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
HMMM. So you've solved your toilet paper shortage, the tissue issue?

Try this, click on the Buy Now button to see your local retailers besides Publix. Clausen Link
\

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:

V Tail. I believe you shop at Public, yes? Check and see if they have Grillo's dill pickles. I buy them when I'm in N. Fla. and they are excellent!
They're not bad, but they're not Claussen! Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Publix has been out of Claussen pickles for a while, and they are not able to tell me when they will be re-stocked. This is a serious situation and requires immediate attention.

I am experiencing significant withdrawal symptoms. I might have to call 911.

Wal-Mart grocery store had them yesterday, no Hearty Garlic, but the regular, even had the mega jug o pickles from Claussen.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My wife has had me looking for the bread and butter type. Two local stores are out.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Wal-Mart grocery store had them yesterday, no Hearty Garlic, but the regular, even had the mega jug o pickles from Claussen.
I have never seen the garlic flavor (my favorite) in Walmart. Publix normally carries them, both in whole pickle, and in sandwich slices, but Publix has not had them in stock for a few weeks. Grocery guy tells me that they should be in "real soon."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
between the snapping crunching of the chewing and now the garlic wafting through

Are you going to require some approval from head office ? somewhere.

I can hear my Bonnie now,
"you need to eat those outside"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We make our own pickles and my wifes recipe for both garlic and jalapeno pickles as well are awesome. Looking forward to this years batch.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel for you bro! Not just because it's first world problems-) I can step up and loan you a Steinfelds pickle until it eases a bit.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Bubbie's are awesome if you can get them. Actual pickles, not just vinegar.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Our local WM seems to always have them but I have noticed the supply can vary some weeks. It's the only pickle I eat.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a sme is needed, say Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bubbie's are awesome if you can get them

Their bread and butter snacking chips are the best.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Now you have me craving them, if I posted a pic of myself eating them would you get mad?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post