SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Claussen Pickle Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Claussen Pickle Shortage Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Sams. No Clausen of any kind.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
None that I can find here in Cleveland TN...it’s almost like people are wiping their ass with them instead of toilet paper Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Maybe Claussen forgot where they parked the pickle truck.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Peter Piper didn't pick any.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Peter Piper didn't pick any.

Actually, Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. But alas, no pickled cucumbers.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought some Whole dill Vlasic. The outside box said Claussen, when I got it home to put in the fridge it was Vlasic. Not my favorite. Will report back.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I bought some Whole dill Vlasic. The outside box said Claussen, when I got it home to put in the fridge it was Vlasic. Not my favorite. Will report back.
I would be livid. What store was that?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Holly cow! I was just a few days ago thinking of posting the same question...

This is a serious situation and I think I'll send my senator Graham an email requesting a government inquiry into it.

I've had to with to Wickels Pickles...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Clausens in my Safeway yesterday, they had Dietz and Watson pickles in the deli area. Today I'll try Wegman's.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would be livid. What store was that?

^^^^^
Sams club

posted Hide Post
A shortage of pickles? If you watch TV these days there doesn't seem to be a shortage of pickle smokers. LOL

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
have to quote Arlo:

"I don't want a pickle,
I just want to ride my moto sickle...."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Neighbor picked up a container of Deitz & Watson kosher dill spears with my weekly groceries. Look great but haven't tried them yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few jars of Claussen's in my local Giant's deli section. Scooped up a jar of dill sandwich slices (twice the price of Mt. Olive, but...). Very tasty straight out of the jar, and washed down with a Heineken. This weekend, I'll pair them with some burgers or hotdogs.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Which location?

OhVeeDough, probably gone now
I'll check if I drop in there today

Have to decide if I want to mask up....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Just left Sams in Birmingham, they have the "combat" jars.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I haven't had a pickle in a long time, not because I don't like them but I just don't seem to crave them. Today, at our local Safeway, I checked out the Claussens (mainly prompted by this thread). We have dill halves, and dill sandwich slices, but no hearty garlic. I'll ask about that next time I go, because it sounds very good. I brought home a jar of halves, which went great with a sandwich for lunch.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Have to decide if I want to mask up
"Medical."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We don't really buy a lot of pickles (not pickled cucumbers at least). One jar normally lasts us quite a while. Anyway, I saw the Claussen pickles in our local Winn-Dixie refrigerated section yesterday, and this thread caused me to pick up a jar. I have to say, they really are much better than the Mt. Olive or Vlasic ones we usually get. Hopefully any shortage is short-lived.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vlasic pickles pretty much suck, but since I bought the jar I will consume them and carefully examine the jar inside the box next time I visit Sams Club.