SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Impossible Whopper
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Impossible Whopper Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I just....
I mean...
I can’t...

Why!?
I just saw an ad for this:

https://www.bk.com/menu-item/impossible-whopper

I knew there was a reason I didn’t watch broadcast TV...

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
And they're doing dollar tacos now, too.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love the black woman who goes "Excuse Me?" when they tell her it's "plant based".

I think she may have thrown it at them off camera. Big Grin

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It might be petty good with a couple slices of open flame broiled Spam on it.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
It may actually taste pretty good. If it lowers the cost to the consumer, even better.

What concerns me is how much soy it probably has in it. However, there will probably be a study next week that will make soy a super food.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Calorie count isn't significantly better. Probably because they put fat in it for flavor.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
instead of all the chemicals, food coloring and artificial flavoring required to make soy look and taste like beef, I think I'll prefer the all natural, beef option...

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
instead of all the chemicals, food coloring and artificial flavoring required to make soy look and taste like beef, I think I'll prefer the all natural, beef option...

I agree 100%, beef that is!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I went and got one the other day just to try it out. I probably wouldn't know it wasn't a regular whopper in a blind taste test if you didn't tell me, but I think Burger King has the worst burgers of all the fast food places so that's not saying much.

The texture and flavor are actually pretty decent. It did seem to have a little bit of a weird aftertaste, but that may have had more to do with it being from Burger King than being a meatless patty. I've had an impossible burger once before and I don't remember it having that aftertaste. I'm sure it would be more obvious that it isn't meat if you were eating the patty by itself, but when you cover it with enough fast food burger toppings it's going to taste like a fast food burger regardless of what it is.

The cons are the price and the nutrition. It's actually more expensive than a regular whopper, and not any healthier. Most of the nutrition is close, and sodium is actually higher if that matters to you. That rules out basically all of the non feel-good reasons for ordering one.

Bottom line is that I would eat it again if someone gave it to me, but I certainly wouldn't pay for one.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Calorie count isn't significantly better. Probably because they put fat in it for flavor.

And the salt content - 1,080mg
Fat - 34g
Sugar - 12g

How to make it taste better - load it up with salt, fat and sugar.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Costs more, calorie difference is nill, higher sodium, sugar, and mostly soy with all its bad attributes.

Sounds like cows are still doomed.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Hummm, decisions decisions... what to order?

A burger, consisting of a flame-grilled patty made with 100 percent beef with no preservatives or fillers.

OR

A burger, consisting of
Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Houston, we have a problem.

The Impossible Whopper has 18 million times more estrogen than a regular Whopper.

https://nationalfile.com/docto...than-regular-whopper

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Houston, we have a problem.

The Impossible Whopper has 18 million times more estrogen than a regular Whopper.

https://nationalfile.com/docto...than-regular-whopper

I always wanted moobs. Not.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That burger is tits.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be impossible for BK to sell one to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How ‘bout the all hat and no cattle fake cowboy, “I’m a damn fool!” As he scarfs down that fake whopper.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see them feed a real whopper to a bunch of vegans/vegetarians and then do the big reveal: 'You thought it was impossible but we did it! This vegetable burger is made of.....beef!'

Hilarity and lawsuits would ensue no doubt.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post