SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fox News website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox News website Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I love Fox News, but I absolutely HATE their new website design - the one they rolled out about 4 or 5 months ago. The columns are too wide, the videos always autoplay in the lower corner (no matter how many times I tell it not to autoplay), the font is way too big. In short - it's nearly unusable for me. Neither UBlock Origin not AdBlock Plus seem capable of stopping the blasted popup videos. I'm about done with this site until they change things for the better.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You left out the bullshit jumbo ad that appears and is the entire page. Yeah, that is my clue to go to another website posthaste. A few more of those should be just enough to get me to delete the Fox shortcut and never go back. Mad

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

Let's not leave out the trend that started fairly recently with images with an arrow pointing to something or another.

Click bait that has replaced "one weird trick."

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah it has turned into a supermarket tabloid with all the celebrity bullshit.I will be looking for a different news site

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I use uBlock Origin and don't see any of that stuff in my Firefox browser. Make sure you keep uBlock Origin up to date and maybe check your settings and try checking some of the additional lists of stuff you can block. I have also gone into the config page for my browser and set it so it doesn't autoplay videos.

Also, try not clicking on the celebrity news stories if you don't want to read them.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
You left out the bullshit jumbo ad that appears and is the entire page. Yeah, that is my clue to go to another website posthaste. A few more of those should be just enough to get me to delete the Fox shortcut and never go back. Mad

+1 - This really pisses me off.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Since I no longer trust the major newspaper websites, I'm always on the look for a replacement that provides the news in a non-sensational and unbiased way.
We watch lots of Fox News Channel, but the website is just a mess.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I just need to know, what exactly IS the one weird trick?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Click the link to find out!

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post