SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Grocery Shopping Adventure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Grocery Shopping Adventure Login/Join 
posted
The wife and I went shopping today. I picked up a pork tenderloin and put it in the cart. We walked a bit, then I got the evil eye from the wife. I asked what? She asked if I was flatulent. No, I was not. I then caught a whiff. The odor of feet and ass was wafting from the cart. I picked up the tenderloin to see it was leaking a fluid that stank to high heaven. I found an empty chill box and dumped it, then went and got the manager. We checked out, and I started bringing the order in. It kitchen began to stink, so I put it all back in the trunk and went to customer service. They cheerfully took it all back and allowed me to go pick out my order again. When I came back to bag the new stuff, they were putting the old bags in a larger trash bag and tying it off. The entire front desk was stinking by then.

For the smart ass who's going to ask how I know what feet and ass smell like, I used to take the 4pm Count in a men's prison without air conditioning and limited shower capability in 95 degree Kentucky humidity.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
How did the whole order stink if the tenderloin never made it to the bags?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
So was it the tenderloin that stank, or the bags?

Reading between the lines, I believe the issue is that the putrid pork fluid leaked out on his other grocery items while the pork was in his cart. He then didn't notice the stank had spread to the other items until after he checked out and got home.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened.

For some reason, I was thinking when I read "order" it was one of those grocery pick ups that a lot of grocery stores have been doing lately.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's probably it. Took about 4 scrub downs of the kitchen counter to kill the stench. Wife had it on her hands, she soaked them for a good bit in tomato juice.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I think the sulfur smell from pork is a byproduct of nitrogen used in the freezing process to prevent burn. The smell is "normal".

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I think the sulfur smell from pork is a byproduct of nitrogen used in the freezing process to prevent burn. The smell is "normal".

negative,

19 yrs a Journeyman meat cutter/manager,
35 yrs, grocery,

and never heard or saw such, re the nitrogen etc,

pork, generally, stinks pretty bad when rotten,
and when sealed in cryovac (the type of sealed plastic) you may never know unless the gas pressure makes it leak, or you open it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, man, that really stinks.

Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
All it takes is a pin hole in the cryovac to make it stink. And it stinks. Ive thrown some baby backs away before I realized the problem.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post