SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Total Wine service is horrible
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Total Wine service is horrible Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Call a Total Wine in Greensboro to ask if they have Event Horizon by Olde Hickory.

TW employee, “Could you spell that?”
Me, “Event Horizon?”
TW employee, “Yes.”

Wife is driving and giggling uncontrollably. I spell it, they say it’s not showing in the computer. But wait, flash of brilliance!

TW employee, “Wait, is that two words or one?”

Kill me. No beer is worth this bullshit.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have ordered Boones Farm or Ripple.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Well common sense is absent from most retail employees these days.

However, I was recently in the Fort Worth area, and the Total Wine there had above average customer service, and a very impressive selection of beers available to purchase as singles. Because I generally only have one or two beers a week, and like to try new stuff, I was wishing I had that kind of selection locally.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The lead spirits guy at Total Wine in "PSA Town" (Columbia SC) is awesome. But, even in person, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than deal with the beer-n-wine side of the store.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

not just the employees,

I work retail, this time of year the customers get stupid

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I went to a Spirts (chain liquor store) and asked for a 4 pack of AleSmith Speedway Stout. They never heard of it. Showed them a picture of it from a friend that bought it there last night. "it only comes in single bottles 11.2 oz". I call my friend, he tells me they went in the fridge and brought out the 4 pack $13.99. " I know we don't have it but I will go back and look". I walked out with 2 4-packs. I get that they are really busy but they are there to sell a product.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

not just the employees,

I work retail, this time of year the customers get stupid
Touché.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone is stupid in retail. A "customer" called me today (12/24) and wanted to buy a gun tomorrow. He just couldn't understand why we would be closed on Christmas.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the time, I told the young waitress in a restaurant, I wanted a 16 oz draft, because the 22 oz ones were too much. Her reply was, "we only have pints, is that OK?" Ah..yeah. That will be fine.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now work in a store that also does retail & we sell Uggs. I can't believe how many people call & ask "Do you carry the black Ugg?" Well, idiot, which "black" Ugg? There are literally hundreds of different models of Uggs & almost every model comes in "black". As politely as I can I explain that there are several different models that are offered and if they let me know what model & size they are looking for, I will be happy to see if we have it & put it on hold for them.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
In the interest of being completely fair here, when I got there and asked about the beer one of the people I talked to had held a 4 pack at the service desk. “I was pretty sure you’d be here to pick it up.” Bravo lady at the High Point Road Total Wine Smile

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagicHorse:

I now work in a store that also does retail & we sell Uggs. I can't believe how many people call & ask "Do you carry the black Ugg?" Well, idiot, which "black" Ugg? There are literally hundreds of different models of Uggs & almost every model comes in "black".
Just tell them, "Yes, we do."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
In the interest of being completely fair here, when I got there and asked about the beer one of the people I talked to had held a 4 pack at the service desk. “I was pretty sure you’d be here to pick it up.” Bravo lady at the High Point Road Total Wine Smile

The people employed at the Total Wine store reasonably close to me have been pretty helpful when I've been in the store - to the point of getting a manager to look at the incoming shipment(s) to see if a specific whiskey was on the way or if he could order it Cool It wasn't and he couldn't order it, but it was great that they went that far.

It's also great that they sample products there too...

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I love going in Total Wine and my Credit Card Company does too. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, unfortunately not. We do however have them in ebony, jet, inky, raven, coal, noir, ‘ele’ele, nero, schwarz, kuro, hēisè, geo-meun-saek, čornyj, negro, nigra, and of course qIj for the Star Trek fans.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Deo Fiducia Nostra
Picture of SigEd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

No, unfortunately not. We do however have them in ebony, jet, inky, raven, coal, noir, ‘ele’ele, nero, schwarz, kuro, hēisè, geo-meun-saek, čornyj, negro, nigra, and of course qIj for the Star Trek fans.

What? No Knees Ear?

SigEd

P220ST .45ACP
P229 .40SW
P229 9mm
P239 9mm
P232SL
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 468 | Location: Franklin, TN | Registered: May 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post