SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This turns my crank!Enough with the trendy speech.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This turns my crank!Enough with the trendy speech. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
May I suggest a book by Mark Manson, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend not leaving the house and certainly staying off the internet. You're way behind, so you've got to get all the way through to the use of "like," and up to current times where we have dumb shit like "on fleak" and "yeet."

You probably shouldn't talk to anyone under 30 for any reason.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
His daughter placed the order and since it was the drive through, I'm going to guess his daughter was driving. Nowhere in his post does it say he patronized Starbucks.

Given enough time, today's trendy turn of the phrase may become a cliche from the last century.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gutpile Charlie

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This i why I love SigForum Big Grin

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
So you're upset that someone who wasn't talking to you acknowledged your daughters order and spoke nicely to her probably using a phrase that they were instructed to use.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Good to see you posting GPC. Hope you're doing well. Merry Christmas sir!

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
listen to your daughter

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Down here in Tennessee, the reply would be "we will get started on fixin' your hazelnut grande latte" Wink Smile Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:

No problem. Wink

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/THWpa7q1ibI

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if I ordered an appetizer for dinner, and someone told me that, I would....tell them yes, you do that. And give him the frowning of a lifetime

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folks, from the "You can't make this stuff up department"

Just this morning I called in a prescription renewal to my friendly, neighborhood , mom and pop drug store. The gal didn't even asked my name and date of birth as usual, just asked for the prescription number and I gave it to her.

Her reply? "We'll get that started for you." Roll Eyes

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you tell them to make it snappy?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Cool, dude.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:

No problem. Wink

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/THWpa7q1ibI

There was a similar blow-up about the phrase "no problem" in this very section a few years ago. (Either "no problem" or "it's nothing"; my memory is a bit hazy.)

Hell, that also may have been G.P.C., for all I know. Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I wish I had so few problems that stuff like that pissed me off

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post