SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Placing an order over the phone....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Placing an order over the phone.... Login/Join 
posted
..used to be easy. Someone would pick up the telephone and take your order, CC number, billing and mail address and be done in a matter of minutes.

No more. Toll free number sometimes doesn't work, or my call goes into voice mail and I play "telephone tag" for next few days with the other person or the order gets screwed up due to misinformation by both sides.

OR....I can place my order on the website and wait for someone to get around to doing their job. Then I must wait for a confirmation of my order, if it's indeed placed in the system.

Aaaaagh.

Yes, I must admit it. Top Gun Supply did spoil me.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Is it even possible anymore? Seems like most everyone I deal with will only do business online with all the crap that entails. Then when it goes sideways you play merry hell trying to get it corrected. If you do get to talk to someone they can't speak English well enough for me to understand them.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
A lot of online companies should take lessons from Amazon. They have it down to a science.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post