SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    the shelves are empty...AGAIN!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the shelves are empty...AGAIN! Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
My wife did her weekly shopping and found the shelves empty again. She said it was as bad as pre ccp crud. The store manager said it was due to predicted four days of snow starting Saturday. At least our freezer is full. (Maybe people fearing an insurrection).

We never have gotten back to 'normal' on paper products. Fools will get tired of eating their toilet paper.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its hard to be insurrectionist in the snow. Think Valley Forge. Or Napoleons retreat from Moscow.
Having plenty of butt wipe is a must.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I measured 164 feet of shelf space At Scheels sporting goods ,
where ammo used to be.

it's five months,
you would think that they would use that space for goods that they could actually sell
Roll Eyes

retail
what a mess

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here, the shelves of toilet paper, paper towels and sanitizer are again full. So where is the ammo? Why has production not geared up to stabilize demand? I would guess toilet paper is used up faster than ammo, so why has production not met demand?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Around here, the shelves of toilet paper, paper towels and sanitizer are again full. So where is the ammo? Why has production not geared up to stabilize demand? I would guess toilet paper is used up faster than ammo, so why has production not met demand?

I think it's slowly catching up based on the ammo I see for sale at my LGS/Indoor Range.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
My wife did her weekly shopping and found the shelves empty again. She said it was as bad as pre ccp crud. The store manager said it was due to predicted four days of snow starting Saturday. At least our freezer is full. (Maybe people fearing an insurrection).

We never have gotten back to 'normal' on paper products. Fools will get tired of eating their toilet paper.

We were at Costco Prescott yesterday and it was nicely stocked. They even had Charmin TP.

Four days of snow? You must be at higher ground that I am in Cottonwood.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was just at our local ALDI this Friday and they have so much toilet paper now they don’t know where to put it. Seriously they have like an entire half an aisle of toilet paper then they have random stacks of it throughout the store, this is what happens when people panic hoard and the producers go into double overtime trying to keep up and then the demand drops off a cliff.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Production of ammo is going as fast as they can obtain components. A lot of the ammo is ending up being auctioned on Gunbroker. Thousands and thousands of boxes. Some people will pay exorbitant prices.

There’s a decent supply of paper products around here. Most places will only let you buy one or two, though. Lots of hand sanitizer around, with no rationing on that.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This whole thing annoys me so much. I am watching my favorite ammo dealer gouging the fuck out of everyone. Not to start the capitalism argument again, but this drives me crazy. A bulk pack of federal 22’s. 525 rounds. 190 dollars. Fuck you. I hope your warehouse burns to the ground with your favorite easy chair inside, fuck you.

I just wish all the new gun owners buy their ammo, the hoarders “think” they have enough so I can go back to shooting a case a month.

I thought I had a reasonably good stash until now. Once my move back down south is ver and stuff returns to normal I guess I’m going to have to stock up way more than I thought normal.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you recall in 2013 - ammunition replenishment trailed firearms replenishment by 4-5 months.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:

We were at Costco Prescott yesterday and it was nicely stocked. They even had Charmin TP.

Four days of snow? You must be at higher ground that I am in Cottonwood.

Last trip, Costco was barren of paper products. Haven't been back since (1 hour away). Need to find out what days paper products get stocked and camp out.

We're at 5200+ foot altitude according to the surveyor. We got 6" of snow last night, still falling at 29 degrees and 2-3 more days of it depending on which prediction you read.

We've got a full freezer and another cord of firewood yesterday. Let it snow, let it snow...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have noticed we are well stocked in the stores for paper products. I have also noticed some of our pandemic Kirkland brand (our usual) absolutely sucks. Two ply that comes apart every which way except even.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
No shortages here of anything for a long time.

Anything except ammo and reloading components that is.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The Costco manager told my wife that stores close to their distribution center(s) get stocked up first while outlying stores have to wait.

We don't have many trees with leaves on them but we've got snow and pine needles in lieu of TP.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
When there is plenty of the shelves I believe that is the time to stock up.

People will have no sympathy from me if they run out of toilet paper later this year.

Buy what you need for an extended period of time as long as there is plenty on the shelves now.

If you have the room for it, store it.

My local Aldi's is like the one mentioned above, toilet paper all over the place.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
As Beancooker can attest to, there is only one Costco in all of northern AZ while stores in metro Phoenix are more plentiful. About 210,000 people in Yavapai County and 140,000 in Coconino County for one store, not including lesser populated counties and reservations north of metro Phoenix.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
This whole thing annoys me so much. I am watching my favorite ammo dealer gouging the fuck out of everyone. Not to start the capitalism argument again, but this drives me crazy. A bulk pack of federal 22’s. 525 rounds. 190 dollars. Fuck you. I hope your warehouse burns to the ground with your favorite easy chair inside, fuck you.

I just wish all the new gun owners buy their ammo, the hoarders “think” they have enough so I can go back to shooting a case a month.

I thought I had a reasonably good stash until now. Once my move back down south is ver and stuff returns to normal I guess I’m going to have to stock up way more than I thought normal.

How are you sure he’s actually gouging?

With the way things are going, he may have had to pay $175 himself for that case and he’s just trying to make a slight profit?

Things are so insane right now, I am not buying ammo for several years. $50 for a 50 round box of cheap 9mm range ammo? Nope!

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Dr. Jekyll...

quote:

Meet Mr Hyde. Razz

One man’s stocking up is another’s hoarding.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm a hoarder and I'll never have enough. I buy ammo and components whenever I find a deal.