SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Political Matching Donation Campaigns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Political Matching Donation Campaigns Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I imagine you get the same emails I do from various political groups saying your donation will be matched by some multiple. The latest one said "To prepare for the battle ahead, ALL donations to help President Trump and House Conservative defeat Pelosi will be 5X MATCHED."

Who are these folks who are matching donations 3, 4 or 5 times? And if the organization has those ultra-wealthy donors waiting in the wings eager to write big checks, I'm sure they don't really need the $25 I was gonna send in.

I guess they work or they wouldn't keep doing them, but they are counterintuitive to me and make me less inclined to send money.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I'm with you.

I think it's nothing but sales hype.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If proven untrue, wouldn’t that violate some type of “Truth in Advertising” law? If such a thing exists? Yup...see those emails all the time as well.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
While I agree it is a marketing ploy, it really is true and they're working both sides.

They ask people to donate into a matching fund pot to help motivate more people to give.

Then they go ask people to donate so their funds can be "matched" or "multiplied."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post