SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Small Christmas pleasures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Christmas pleasures Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Some of the things that make Christmas special are not at all spectacular.
My wife is playing the piano; and I just sang "Danny Boy" to her accompaniment.
Friends stopped by and we went for a walk with them.
We opened the See's candy box and I got my dark chocolate marzipan.
My sister is visiting and we're enjoying her company--right, sis?

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having fled the West Coast, we look forward to Christmas when they open the See's booth at the mall. I had a blueberry soft center this morning, a rare treat.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Indeed. Things missed most are nearly always the smallest.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I am not complaining. I mistakenly posted this in "What's Your Deal", but that's OK.
Yes, See's Candy is one of the signs of Christmas.
Merry Christmas.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This year we had one of my daughter's best friends stay with us....why you ask? because her family sucks and they decided to leave town with no regard for the fact their daughter had to work (she serves food at a nursing home).

This girl is truly a good kid in every sense of the word, good grades, hard worker, not messed up on drugs or with boys and she is going to go far in life. It is shame her mom is too self absorbed and selfish to see this.

We wanted her to have some gifts to open on Christmas morning so we picked up some things for her and am very glad we did because her parent sent her with next to nothing .

It was worth every penny we spent to see this sweet kid overcome with happiness at, what we learned later, was the first "real" Christmas she had ever had.

BTW - It's not a money thing with her family, I think they are better off the we are.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I am not complaining. I mistakenly posted this in "What's Your Deal", but that's OK.
Yes, See's Candy is one of the signs of Christmas.
Merry Christmas.

Good deal!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post