SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    i have seen it all
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i have seen it all Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted
i can't believe you need an app or a warning system to remind you that your kid is in the car are the parents today that fucking stupid and self absorbed.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/techn...rk/story?id=47991074

This message has been edited. Last edited by: side_shot,

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.... thats ridiculous.. I can't imagine how you could "forget" your kids are in the car..

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having teens, there are many time I wondered why I didn't leave them in a hot car with the windows rolled up?

Joking.

Vince

Posts: 307 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vmtz:
Having teens, there are many time I wondered why I didn't leave them in a hot car with the windows rolled up?

Joking.

Vince

Been there! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all, but yes, some are.
It is that way for a lot of what they do too

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vmtz:

Joking.

Vince

Been there! Big Grin[/QUOTE

Or in the case of adult kids, maybe taking them for a ride in the country and abandoning them? Wink

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess its the same folks that can't keep up with their phone or other stuff. But if that is the case if they lose their phone the app won't work. Maybe they should use the old tie a string around the finger trick and forget about the app. Or just don't have kids or pets.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a child I remember sitting in a hot car for hours making sure I put the nickel in the meter if the parking cop came by. Windows were rolled down as there was no air conditioning. As a preschooler they drug me into the stores and I sat quietly while they did their shopping or my Dad looked at tools.

In contrast I never left my kids in the car, ever. They stayed home or went in with me, and behaved themselves.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yet every year we get several cases of kids being forgotten in cars. so if it helps train someone to remember to check the back seat, good for them.

Lots of people already use Waze, so it's an easy add on option

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
My 2017 GMC pick up has a ding, ding, ding warning that sounds every time you shut it off, and the message check the backseat comes up.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I know someone who forgot their kid was in the back. It was 60 something out so the kid was fine, and he was only alone in the car for about 5 minutes anyway, but it still happened. I pretty much guarantee that it happened, and happens because so many people are seriously sleep deprived and are driving on "autopilot". I have been really messed up sleep wise, and instead of going to a friend's house, etc, I have gone most or all of the way to work. On my night off. In the above case, they just had another baby, who seemed to cry all the time, and he and his wife got almost no sleep for many days in a row. The older baby was supposed to go to grandma's house for the day, but he was taken to work instead. About five minutes after he was left in the car, his dad remembered him and found him asleep in his car seat. Shook up dad pretty badly. So many people are seriously sleep deprived anymore, it' scary. As someone who is a nightowl from birth, I know what being sleep deprived does. You forget stuff that you wouldn't think it was possible to forget. And you generally feel like shit, too.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't mind this.

I suppose when automatic transmissions came out, some people were complaining whether people have become so dumb they can't use a stickshift.

Or when indoor plumbing was invented, someone complained that people have become so lazy they can't walk out to the outhouse to take a shit.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Hot summer in DC. Boss and I were in the parking garage when we heard a baby cry. Young kid in a car seat, windows rolled down and nobody Around. Boss went inside to page and I stayed with the kid. After 15 minutes the idiot and his other four kids came back to the car! Had a discussion but made no impression. The called child derives. "yes, yes, thanks you." Wait DO YOU WANT THE LCENSE NUMBER? Realized then that the idiot didn't care.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post