SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mosquitos!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mosquitos! Login/Join 
posted
All this damn rain we have had these fuckers are everywhere!! All hours of the day they are flying around. I look like a damn pin cushion.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Did you take your heart worm pill?

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Me too. Cannot cut grass or trim shrubs w/o being attacked as soon as you pause a moment, especially in shade.

Zika, West Nile, or alien parasites....

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Drink some vinegar, they'll leave you alone

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Mosquitos!

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
We get them here so bad that it's a blood-bath stepping outside. But, thankfully, around the end of June it dries out and they go away. Only a couple of weeks of misery, so it's tolerable.

Funny thing is, one day you could walk around outside bare-assed nekkid all day long and not have a problem. The next day they hatch and you walk outside and you're down three units of blood.

It's crazy, but thankfully, very temporary. I hate them little fuckers. This year they were so bad I had to put on my bee suit just so I could mow the lawn. Yeah, they were that bad. They just laughed at the DEET while saying, "that's all you got?".

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I hate them way more than moles and I really hate goddamned fucking moles. Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I felt the way until I got my Thermacell. I know you're not supposed to use it indoors, but when I hear one of the little beasties I just light it for 10 minutes. An hour later everything that flies is dead, and I'm back to sleep.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
the other night i was outside playing with the dog.around dusk a swarm of dragonfly's showed up it was biblical watching them dive bomb the Mosquitoes it was great and the dog had fun chasing dragonfly's Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
The worst is that one mosquito in your bedroom in the dead of night in pitch blackness when you're trying to fall asleep. Just complete silence, and then next to your ear... "eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE..." Mad

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
The worst is that one mosquito in your bedroom in the dead of night in pitch blackness when you're trying to fall asleep. Just complete silence, and then next to your ear... "eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE..." Mad

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are bad this year.
For the seven years we lived at the house in Richmond (until we moved in 09/2017), you could not go out back to grill, play with the dogs or cut the grass without being swarmed by them. It was so bad we even had companies come out and spray.

It was the worse I have ever seen.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We use this about every 3 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/Generic...ts=p_85%3A2470955011

Works great.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
..and apply it with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this a couple of weeks ago to spray round my yard and flowers. It seems to work just fine. Takes about a half-hour every three weeks during the summer. The chemical gets rid of wasps, hornets, mosquitoes, spiders, and door-to-door salesman.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The little bastards are small and stealth.
I don't even seem them, all I know is my skin starts itching with a little bump that grows to a big welt.
At least they used to be big and gave you a fighting chance to swat them off.

Anyone use a misting system or similar?

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The Pink Panther in "The Pink Tail Fly"

He first caught the mosquito AND THEN PUT HIM OUTSIDE?! Aw, hell no! See what happens?

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We haven't had much of an issue with skeeters this year, but man oh man the yellow jackets have been horrible. I've killed out a couple of hives (nests?) and it hasn't made a dent in the overall number of the bastards. Mad

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
At least yellowjackets only attack you when disturbed. Mosquitoes purposely target you right from the start. If not for being food for bats, they have no reason to exist.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
At least yellowjackets only attack you when disturbed. Mosquitoes purposely target you right from the start. If not for being food for bats, they have no reason to exist.

True, but I've been stung 3 times this year and my wife 2 times. Those bastages hurt ya!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cutter deep woods seems to be helping. The bug zapper is having a field day.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post