SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lying Home Sellers (Long Rant)Updated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lying Home Sellers (Long Rant)Updated Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:
It's funny what you see looking for a home. Some folks are absolutely above board, honest, and list everything they know on the disclosure.

We had a great experience on our prior home. The seller was a structural engineer. He took immaculate care of the house; in fact, he walked me through the house and showed me many things he tore our and redid better than the original build. He had also prepared a binder containing all the install dates, receipts, manuals, etc. for the major appliances.

I still hired an inspector, and he the only issue he found was a loose ductwork connection in the attic. I told him not to even put it on his report.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll hear what their response is, and probably run. I may be done dealing with this area, overpriced and, sadly, filled with crooks. If you're not connected through family or someone you grew up with, you have a target on your back. It's a real, "You ain't from around here" attitude.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would go to hotpads.com and plug in the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc and look in the area of the map you are interested in living.
I have read that 80 percent of the houses are searched over the internet.

https://hotpads.com/university...38.0278&lon=-84.5041

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post