SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lying Home Sellers (Long Rant)Updated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lying Home Sellers (Long Rant)Updated Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:
It's funny what you see looking for a home. Some folks are absolutely above board, honest, and list everything they know on the disclosure.

We had a great experience on our prior home. The seller was a structural engineer. He took immaculate care of the house; in fact, he walked me through the house and showed me many things he tore our and redid better than the original build. He had also prepared a binder containing all the install dates, receipts, manuals, etc. for the major appliances.

I still hired an inspector, and he the only issue he found was a loose ductwork connection in the attic. I told him not to even put it on his report.

NRA Endowment Life Member; ISRA Member

“Have we reached the ultimate state of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for that they themselves are doing today?” ― Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3817 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll hear what their response is, and probably run. I may be done dealing with this area, overpriced and, sadly, filled with crooks. If you're not connected through family or someone you grew up with, you have a target on your back. It's a real, "You ain't from around here" attitude.

Posts: 13527 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would go to hotpads.com and plug in the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc and look in the area of the map you are interested in living.
I have read that 80 percent of the houses are searched over the internet.

https://hotpads.com/university...38.0278&lon=-84.5041

"Donald Trump is the grizzly bear in The Revenant. If you get his attention, he’ll be awake, bite your face off, and sit on you.".. Newt Gingrich.

Posts: 9629 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post