Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My guess is they are drop shipping it from a distributor.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Patience. You haven't named the seller and I won't try to guess, however, my online buying experience is to just be patient. One seller I have purchased from several times is slow. And there was a weekend in there, as well.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
lots of stuff could have happened,

vendor could have voided the tracking or not used that label and generated another,

ups could have an issue with that tracking number (has happened to me) where it did not show till delivered,

remember, UPS and Fed Ex rarely work weekends, so that is part of the delay as well,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I used to be anxious about shipments, like you being concerned why isn't it there already.

But shippers pace and your anticipated idea of a shippers pace are two different concepts.

Had the very same thing happen to me. I insure whats coming to me for full value, but still, would hate going through all the hoops getting a last shipment repaid.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive had occasions where I'll receive a package while UPS is still at that "shipping label is completed" stage. Why it happens I only have a theory, that is that at the origination center the package wasn't scanned into the computer system but it was still shipped. I would suggest you wait another day or two and then start to get concerned.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I had an experience where the guy's ffl took the gun but didn't ship it. After admitting that he still had the gun, he shipped it to the wrong ffl in a different city, then wouldn't lift a finger to fix the problem.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, wasn't Buds. Probably isn't worth it to "out" the vendor. Mistakes happen. The only thing I'm pissed about is the fact that I talked to Customer Service on Wednesday and was told "Everything's fine. If it doesn't show up by Friday, check back." They should have caught it then!

Yeah it is aggravating. At least it was not in health care. I think a lot of people in CS do that to get you off the phone.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
You were willing to grab it...but, they didn't actually have it.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So you thought they were pulling a scam, have questionable business practices, and poor customer service.

Best case it was unintentional, worst case they are sketchy as fuck.

Yet you won’t name the vendor to give the rest of us a heads up should we consider doing business with them ?

Thanks “friend”... What is even the point of the thread? You want folks to come and help you out when you are concerned you might be at risk, yet are unwilling to provide a fair warning to others in return.

The term “Diode” comes to mind...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Diode

MMMmm...means can only flow in one direction?? Help me out! Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Diode

MMMmm...means can only flow in one direction?? Help me out! Smile

That’s it, “One Way”... as in non-reciprocal

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:

<...long point by point rebuttal...>

The term "ignorant ass" comes to mind.

Now, if you wanna keep doing this publicly, Ill be happy to give another, similar response post to whatever dumb thing you're going to say next.

Posting a thread about “something doesn’t feel right about online purchase” suggested to me the solicitation for others to offer input due to concerns about possibly being ripped off. Maybe I read too much into that, I can own that.

Yes, it a section to vent, and other folks pretty frequently “vent back”, that isn’t uncommon.

I don’t see saying “company XYZ switched to a new system and <fill in the blank> happened” as “trashing” a reputation. How many threads have there been over the years regarding QA concerns at Sig? Do those threads trash the company or give people a heads up about a problem?

I can tell a neighbor about the giant pothole down the street without impugning the reputation of the Roads Dept. It is called giving someone a warning or a heads up.

Where I come from offering info to relieve concerns, explain possible scenarios, give advice, etc is considered “help”. It may be material or emotional, but it is support either way. No less than five other folks posted doing just that.

Frequently folks will omit the verbatim “I need help” and “What should I do?” text. I think many, if not most, folks see a thread such as this as an open “Not sure about this situation, thoughts?” sort of thing. Again, maybe I assumed too much in this instance, it happens sometimes with written communication that is devoid of body language and tone/inflection.

All of that as it may be, my “ignorant ass” stands by my “diode” statement.

I believe the information flow was one way when folks were curious to know the vendor involved so they can make informed choices for their purchases, be aware of a situation, or reason for delays should they happen to be experiencing the same issue.

You refused to provide that info, to me that is non-reciprocal.

I am glad it all worked out for you, but I still would be interested to know the vendor. Given the positive resolution, many might even consider it a “good” review for them vs. ”trashing their reputation”.

This is all proof of the ”The attention you get is not always the attention you seek” theory for both of us.

Reply as you wish, I can take it.... Wink

posted Hide Post
Not a firearm, but just as aggravating shananigans from optics planet. Place an order for two items with 5 day shipping. Next day get an email; one of my items will ship in 1 to 3 days. I call after day 8....where’s my shit? We were waiting on you sir, that product is no longer available, we sent you an email. BS! I just checked, one email about a new sale, nothing about my items. Fine, then ship my other item, I will get it in 5 days now? No sir, we will process the order, pull it from the warehouse, and then it will be 5 days.
Aaaarrggghh. Why do you let me buy something, then tell me it will get shipped late, then not ship it at all, not ship the other item til I call, and not give me 5 day shipping. But I did get a 5% off code for my troubles.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Optics Planet strikes again

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So it was LA Police Gear, then?

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I had a guess but it was a trigger word Eek

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post