SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    To the driver of the U-Haul truck today on the Tok cutoff in Alaska
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To the driver of the U-Haul truck today on the Tok cutoff in Alaska Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
FUCK YOU!

I get it the road is slick and your knuckles are whiter than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. But really? Are you that self important that you can't pull off and let others pass? Yes, your loaded down U-Haul is dragging ass more than union crew on a city job, but really do you think everyone is enjoying driving at the 30mph that you are holding us to?

Then when I finally do get a long section to be able to pass, you think your U-Haul is a winged fast n' bicurious little Honda and you're in a drag race? Really? You're putting yourself and me in danger because your lilliputian ego can't be harmed? Really?

I sincerely hope you found your way to the ditch and your U-haul becomes the modern equivalent of a Conestoga wagon in the Donner party.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
So I'm guessing he's off the Christmas card list? Razz

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
And as usual, the trooper is nowhere to be found until you decide to do 10 over on an empty highway...

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
your knuckles are whiter than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Stolen.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
And he was even holding up a school bus, a full size school bus, not one of the short ones that I'm sure he rode in his youth.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Excellent rant. Very well done.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Well Jim, the Virginia judge scores it....

9.30 on RANT
9.45 on HUMOR
9.75 on SNARK

Let's see what the judge from California says... Is It going to throw the NON-PC card?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a normal tourist season around these parts.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking that a U-Haul comes with an automatic warning:

The last time they drove something like this was never.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Too late. The choir changed the name and dropped the Mormon part.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Alaska state law is that if you are driving LESS than the speed limit and holding up 5 or more vehicles that you MUST pull off and let people pass.

I grew to hate the assholes that drove slow and passed areas specifically put there to let them pull off AND the assholes who floored it when they added a 2nd passing lane (they'd drive slow before and after the passing lane).

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
...AND the assholes who floored it when they added a 2nd passing lane (they'd drive slow before and after the passing lane).
This is the one thing that will drive me as close to straight up road rage as I get in the mountains.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
People are shitty enough drivers with cars. Give them a loaded truck with a few tons and it's just a disaster waiting to happen.

We seriously need to get our licensing and vehicle safety standards much higher. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
God Bless the internet and those who use it for non-sense like this. Just say'in Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Alaska law requires drivers to pull over if more than 5 vehicles are backed up behind them.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
...AND the assholes who floored it when they added a 2nd passing lane (they'd drive slow before and after the passing lane).
This is the one thing that will drive me as close to straight up road rage as I get in the mountains.

Yup, OR drivers do the same thing, drives me nuts. I don’t care how slow you drive so long as you stick to that speed so I can pass when given the opportunity.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post