SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Orders...sort options??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Orders...sort options?? Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Gotta say that Amazon "chat" is worthless. The folks in 3rd world countries from where Amazon contracts for their "customer support" are pretty useless. Might be the nicest people in the world, but by and large, they just can't communicate with westerners. Sorry if that's insensitive or cruel.

So my issue...

When you go to Amazon's website and click on "Orders", the default is orders placed in the past 6 months and the default sort order is by DELIVERY date. I would like to see a list of my orders placed in the past [X time period] sorted by ORDER date.

The reason? That's how your CC is charged when you place the order and it would be a helluva lot easier to reconcile your Amazon activity back to your CC activity if your orders could be sorted by ORDER date. This would be extremely helpful when you order many things on one order, but they are delivered over a 2 to 8 day period. The order history will be sorted by DELIVERY date and there's no good way to tie all those orders back to the ORDER date without physically printing every order.

Ruutu, the nice person at Amazon chat, just couldn't wrap his or her head around that. Do y'all understand my dilemma?? Am I missing the boat here?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The items do show chronologically by order date. It lists the order date in the gray box above the delivery date. Other than customized date selection I dont see how the past 6 months doesnt do what you want.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm...I'm not seeing a "gray box" above the delivery date. I wish I could post a screen shot. Where are you navigating to that you see the order date listed with the delivery date??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
My orders sort by the date the order was placed. I've never made a change so I suggest the default setting is sort by date the order was placed.

I don't know how to post a screen shot but maybe this will help. Here's what I see:

> Each transaction is in a box.
> In the left corner, in bold font is the Delivered Date.
> Just above the delivered date (in the very top left corner of the box) is the date the order was placed.
> within the box, Amazon shows what was delivered when.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just looked mine are sorted by order date...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Another "hmmmmmm"...so is there a setting in Account Settings where you can select orders to be sorted by Order Date?? And is that the screen that comes up when you just click "Orders" in the Amazon menu bar between "Account & Lists" and "Prime"??

*** JUST FOUND A REPORT GENERATOR ***

There's a function that let's you generate a report and the output goes to Excel.

Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
ORDER PLACED
September 30, 2019
TOTAL
$59.21
SHIP TO
xxxxxx
ORDER # 112-0464xxxx-zzzzzz
Order Details Invoice

this info shows in a light gray box, just above the details of items ordered. Info is spread out across the page, not lined up like the cut and paste here. All I had to do to see it was click on "Orders"

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Is that for an order you just placed or that has yet to be delivered?

I'm talking about orders that have already been delivered. The only thing showing is "Delivered MMM/DD/YYYY". I have to click on the Order Details to see when it was ordered. Makes no mind...I got what I needed from the report generator.

Thanks y'all!!

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Another "hmmmmmm"...so is there a setting in Account Settings where you can select orders to be sorted by Order Date?? And is that the screen that comes up when you just click "Orders" in the Amazon menu bar between "Account & Lists" and "Prime"??

*** JUST FOUND A REPORT GENERATOR ***

There's a function that let's you generate a report and the output goes to Excel.

You aren't seriously going to not tell folks how that works and where they could find it, are you?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oh.....Sorry!! Razz
    In the main Amazon screen, click on "Account & Lists"
    Click "Your Account" from the pop-up sub-menu
    In the left column in the "Ordering and shopping preferences" box, click on "Download order report"
    Fill in the desired Report Type and Date Range, then click the "Request Report" button...add a Report Name if you like
That should launch Excel and you'll see the report you requested in pretty raw format, i.e., you'll have to adjust column widths, hide columns as necessary, etc., to see the data you want. You should also receive an e-mail that will give you a link to your report. It's very useful...

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think I see the issue...y’all might be looking at and referring to the Amazon app, which DOES display the order date. I’ve been talking about their web site on my PC...

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I think I see the issue...y’all might be looking at and referring to the Amazon app, which DOES display the order date. I’ve been talking about their web site on my PC...

This from the desktop site on my PC (using Firefox 60.9.0 esr, on Windows 10):

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
What browser are you using? I always use Firefox on a PC, and NEVER use the Amazon App.

I've never 'set' anything re: Order Display for my account. Like everyone else that has posted, when I click the 'Orders' button it brings up the past 6 months of Orders, sorted by Order Date. Each order is boxed separately (thin outline) and there's a grey info bar/header for each with the following listed left to right; Order Placed, Total, Ship To, and Order #. Below the Order # there are hyperlinks to the 'Order Details' and 'Invoice'.

Within the Order Detail, the Delivered Date for the item(s) is shown and multiple Delivered Dates are shown chronologically if applicable.

Honestly, the 'Your Orders' screen is one of the things that Amazon did a REALLY good job laying out....Everything is right there!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hey Pyker...thanks for posting that. Nope...I don't get the grey bar with the order date. I am using Firefox Quantum version 69.0.1 (64-bit), nhracecraft. I will dig further and see if I screwed up my settings, but I don't recall touching anything. I'll try a different browser...

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Yeah, order date is in the grey box on my order history as well.

If you can get that grey bar to show on your browser, you may be GTG.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
NOTHING I've tried has worked. I'll learn to live with and work around it, like I do for a lot of computer stuff. Thanks again for all the input, folks!!

posted Hide Post
Mine, too, Just by delivery date and there doesn't seem to be away on Safari to chnge the orders to order date.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post